It's official..............

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 9:16 am - Poconos, PA
As of 1:30 this afternoon, I am now part of the Brader Bunch.....an adopted Brader Baby if you will.

My appointment went well. I didn't expect very much since I knew he wouldn't be able to run tests or any labs. He did go over a few things that he believes might be a possible cause for the problems I'm having so I'll need to get some additional blood work done as well as an upper GI and an endoscopy. He gave me crap about smoking *surprise, surprise* and he wants me to stop taking one of the prescriptions I'm currently on.

I also met with the nutritionist who I absolutely love and adore with all my heart right now simply because she told me I didn't have to take my iron every day anymore!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!!! I HATE taking my iron pills. They hurt my pouch and cause me a lot of pain and discomfort. She said to start taking them every 3rd day and then once the blood work comes back, depending on what it shows, they may actually change me over to a prescription iron that doesn't cause the same problems as the over the counter stuff I'm taking now. She was very helpful, answered all my questions and told me if I have any questions at all to call her right away or email her. I thought that was great.

I'm so happy that I'm finally under the care of a competent RNY doctor. I feel like I'm finally going to get to the bottom of all this once and for all. No more guessing games, ya know?

So that's all I have to report as of right now. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!

Big hugs!!
Nicole0216
on 12/4/08 10:20 am - Lancaster, PA
congrats.
I love that man
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 11:13 am - Poconos, PA
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 6:56 pm - Poconos, PA
THANKS!!

"I love that man" is the first thing everyone says...I'm beginning to think people really like the guy..lol..They say the first impression means everything and from the moment I heard he would be more than happy to see me and help me to the moment I walked thru the door to his office, I knew I was in good hands and that's a great feeling. I have no doubt that everything is going to be alright now.

Thanks again!
bubble273
on 12/4/08 10:53 am - Levittown, PA
Oh, Valerie, that is fantastic news!!!!  So glad you felt great about your visit with Dr. Brader.  I know everyone here that had him as a surgeon just ADORES him!!  Keep us posted.  Take care.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 6:40 pm - Poconos, PA
Thank you! I can't tell you how great it was to walk out of there finally feeling like everything was going to be alright. Every other doctor I have seen has either made light of my situation because they just don't get it when it comes to us and our new plumbing or let me walk out of their office completely clueless and without any type of answers at all. Dr Brader may not have a definite answer this early on but at least he told me what "could be" wrong and that regardless, it was going to be ok and *we* were going to fix it....together. I have some hope now.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted.
Dennis Belk
on 12/4/08 12:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Val,
Welcome to the family. Well actually you & John were already in. LOL.
As you've learned this man is well loved and he is the best.
He's got a great staff and the answers you need will come. You will have to replace an addiction or two but there are good ones out there and we know about most of them. I'm so glad YOU found your way back here. That is what started all this wonderfulness.

See ya soon,

Dennis
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 6:50 pm - Poconos, PA
Hey there Dennis.

It's funny you say that because the nut said the same exact thing to me. She welcomed me to the family and told me everything was going to be ok. I may not be feeling well physically but emotionally I'm beginning to feel like a million bucks thanks to all the love and support I've been receiving from everyone including Dr Brader's staff. Everyone was fantastic.

I've said it before that everything happens for a reason and I'm soooooooo glad I found my way back to the boards and went to that first cooking class down at Liz's house. None of this would be happening right now if I hadn't.

I'll be seeing you soon!
Liz R.
on 12/4/08 7:40 pm - Easton, PA
Valerie I am so happy that you made out well with Dr Brader - he and his staff truly are fantastic! I just made my 2  year follow up to go and see him - Jan 29th at 2:45.

I am so glad that you did come to that first meeting and become part of the family! We are glad to have you and Dr Brader will get you on the road to matching the physical to the mental feeling of feeling like a $milliion!

*hugs*

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 11:52 am - Poconos, PA
You're too sweet Liz, just too sweet!

Everyone on the staff was great and very helpful. I am sooooo happy with how everything went.

I wish I was able to go for a regular appointment instead of those 2 tests in January, then I could have made my appointment for the 29th too. We could have drove down together and spent some time shopping and having lunch. We could have made a really fun day of it.

Good luck at your appointment and thanks again for everything!! I'll see you soon!

BIG HUGS!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views