Favor to ask (for those who will be at the Barix meeting this Saturday)

HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 8:25 am - Boston, MA
Hi Karen!

The beginning of your post -- about embarrassing Adam -- made me laugh :)  Thank you so much for saying you will welcome him into the PA family and for what you wrote -- that was very sweet of you!  I'm really looking forward to introducing you to Adam and I can't wait to see you!!!

Lisa :) 
P.S.  Have a great time with Connor bowling!!

ktreavis
on 12/4/08 8:28 am - PA
Lisa -

I am really looking forward to meeting you. You have been an inspiration to me around here. Good for you and Adam that he will be coming, I am sure that everything will be fine.

Katie

Progress not perfection

HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 8:46 am - Boston, MA
Hi Katie!

I'm so glad you are coming to the meeting -- I've been wanting to meet you for a long time!!!  Thank you so much for letting me know I've been an inspiration to you.  You are an inspiration to so many!  Can't wait to meet you on Saturday!

bl750
on 12/4/08 9:20 am - Lehighton, PA
Hello Lisa, you may not remember me (Bob from Lehighton) but I read the reply from Dennis....Your friend will be as welcome to any meeting as you are.....Hope to see you again one day... take care Bob .....
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 11:13 am - Boston, MA
Of course I remember you Bob!  Thank you so much for your response!!  I hope you are doing well and I hope to see you again one day soon too!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 10:46 am - Poconos, PA
Hi Lisa,

Take it from someone who was welcomed into so many loving arms just a few short months ago....You and Adam have nothing to worry about! If I had to chose a group of people to introduce my SO to it would without a doubt be the folks right here on the PA boards. They're loving, caring and just all around fantastic.

I'm sure Adam will be a bit on edge about all of it regardless (it's perfectly natural) but I'm sure once he gets a feel for things, he'll be just fine.
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 11:16 am - Boston, MA
Hi Valerie, 

Thank you so much for your response -- your personal experience really helped set my mind at ease and I really appreciate what you wrote. 

Will you be coming to the meeting at Barix on Saturday?  Would love to meet you!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 11:50 am - Poconos, PA
I would have loved to have met you also!! Unfortunately though, I had already made a commitment to attend my company holiday party when I found out about the meeting. Believe me, I would much rather be with all of you on Saturday than at this party. I'm not fond of company get togethers but I'm stuck with no way out now.. You'll all be with me in spirit though as I go head to head with the desert bar and try to control myself!! I absolutely hate this part of the holidays! Ugggh. Pray for me will ya? LOL

Hopefully we'll get to meet someday soon though. If you're ever in the Pocono area, let me know and we'll get together for lunch or something.

Have a great time on Saturday!
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 7:40 pm - Boston, MA
Oh that's too bad, Valerie.  I hope you have an okay time at your holiday party and we'll definitely be thinking of you.  You'll be in my thoughts and in my prayers as far as the dessert bar goes too ;)

Yes, I really hope we get to meet soon too -- I will definitely let you know if I am ever in the Pocono area.  Thanks so much!!  If you're ever in Boston -- I know, right around the corner, hehe ;) -- let me know too and I'd be glad to show you around!

tammypa
on 12/4/08 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Lisa,
You don't have to ask a favor - I am sure we will all welcome him with open arms.
If he is your friend - then he is our friend. I can not wait to see you and meet Adam.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views