Favor to ask (for those who will be at the Barix meeting this Saturday)

HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 2:58 am - Boston, MA
Hi PA!

As some of you know, I will be coming into town from Boston tomorrow (Friday) to Sunday and I'll be coming to the meeting at Barix on Saturday.  I haven't seen many of you since August (or longer!) and I really look forward to these visits.  Only this time, I am bringing my boyfriend Adam along with me.  Adam has never been to any kind of support group meeting, has never been in therapy, etc. and when he experiences some type of issue, he really only has experience talking about the issue with close friends.  The whole idea of a group of people (some of whom have never met before) getting together to talk about things and support one another is very foreign to him.  He is coming because of how important it is to me and because I would like him to come.  Truthfully though, I think he's a bit nervous -- especially since we all share this common bond.  

So the favor I am asking of you is this:  If you do get the chance to meet Adam, I would really love it if he could be welcomed into the PA family in the amazing way that you have all done for me.  It would really mean so much to me to have him feel comfortable (and maybe even enjoy himself!) and I hope this is not too much to ask.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone who will be at the meeting on Saturday.  I can't wait!!!  And for those of you who can't make it, you'll be in my thoughts and hopefully, we will get to see each other soon!!!

Boston Lisa :) 

dit657
on 12/4/08 3:09 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Lisa - I'm so sad I won't be there to see you Saturday  - my brother arrives from Florida this afternoon and this weekend his daughter and family are coming to my house for a visit, so there was no way I could make the meeting. I went to the last one and loved it, and have really campaigned for Saturday meetings and now I can't make it.

I'm so happy for you that your boyfriend is coming along - I know how important that is and I know everyone at that meeting will make him feel warm and welcome and like part of the family - we don't discriminate against non-WLS people!! And if YOU love this guy I know everyone else will, too.

Have a great time in PA - maybe I'll get to see you at the next meeting...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 6:19 am - Boston, MA
Hi Kathy!

That's too bad that you won't be able to make it to the meeting on Saturday -- I really would have loved to see you.  I do hope you have a wonderful time with your family visiting though.

Thanks so much for everything you wrote about Adam -- it really means a lot to me!  I wish you could meet him too.  Hopefully next time!

I hope we can see each other and catch up next time Kathy and I'm thrilled that your appointment with Dr. Boe went so well!

Lisa :) 

Dennis Belk
on 12/4/08 4:37 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Lisa,
Thank you for your thoughts. I do believe what you ask would happen automatically as it has for so many of us but still I appreciate the thought and concern you have. What we do could be overwhelming to anyone unfamiliar, but we'll be sure to bring Adam along and help him to feel comfortable.

Can't wait to see ya both,

Dennis

HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 6:21 am - Boston, MA
Thank you so much Dennis.  I really appreciate that!

Can't wait to see you!

Pam Hart
on 12/4/08 6:00 am - Easton, PA
Hey there Miss Lisa,

Have a safe trip in from Boston!  Unfortunately, I will not be at the meeting on Saturday due to having people over my house that day for a housewarming type party.

However, as Brian will attest....the pa barix forum will be more than welcome to allow Adam into "the group" and make him feel welcome!  As you already know....it's a great group of people.
Although Dennis is right - it can be a little intimidating for those who aren't part of it...heck...it was intimidating to me my first meeting even though I "knew" people from being online before my surgery.

Say hello to Adam for me....wish I could meet him in person and see you too!  One of these days, though!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 6:24 am - Boston, MA
Hi Pam!

Thanks so much for understanding and for reminding me how welcoming everyone has been to Brian.  I will definitely say hello to Adam for you and I really wish you could meet him too...hopefully next time!

I will definitely miss seeing you at the meeting and I hope we can catch up soon and see each other next time.  Please tell Brian I say hello also.  Hope you have a wonderful time at your housewarming party :) 

cleos_mom
on 12/4/08 7:25 am - phila., PA
Hi Lisa

I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday and meet Adm of course we will welcome him.He sounds special to you . I am so happy for you
see you then
Susan
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 8:20 am - Boston, MA
Hi Susan!

I am really looking forward to seeing you on Saturday too!  Thank you so much for saying  you will welcome Adam -- he is very special to me -- and thank you very much for being so happy for me.  Can't wait to introduce you to Adam and can't wait to see you!!

bubble273
on 12/4/08 7:42 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Lisa,

Don't be silly....of course we'll welcome him with open arms and make him feel all embarassed and everything!!! Just kidding.  But my Lord, girlfriend, we would do nothing but welcome him and welcome him into our family.  If he means the world to you, then he'll mean the world to us.  Look forward to meeting him and saying hello!!!

Cya Saturday.  I will probably be late, as Connor has bowling at 11:30 on Saturday but is usually done by 1:30.  So I should be there by 1:45 or so.

Take care and have a safe trip.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views