hot and cold drinks

sbrunell
on 12/3/08 9:45 pm - Bensalem, PA
When I drink warm liquids, like coffee or tea, I get a cramping feeling in my lower left "stomach".

I know it's not that I am drinking too fast, since it's hot, I can't.  I also have the same problem when the beverage is very cold. I bought a SF slurpee, (zero sugar!) and had the same issue. Is it normal to have this reaction w/ extremes in temperature. My wife does not go through this at all.

I sent Pupkova an email, but wondered if you had any thoughts.  Room Temp Coffee sucks
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

GD_007
on 12/3/08 9:51 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
HUmmmm - no ideas from this side.  I look forward to hearing what you get back from Dr.P.
-GD
Mary Benford
on 12/4/08 1:23 am - Emmaus, PA
I also can't drink anything really really hot...    or really really cold.  It makes me feel gross.

I put a few ice cubes in my coffee to cool it off.   Ya get used to it.

Same thing with really really hot foods....    it's strange.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 10:14 am - Poconos, PA
I have the same problem with the cramping but only if it's plain cold water. Add a crystal light packet to it though and I'm fine. The temperature didn't change any so I can't make heads or tails of it. At first I thought maybe it was caffeine and then I realized - water is caffeine free ya dope!

Let us know what your doc says. I'm sure there are other people out there with the same problem and you could end up being a hero! lol

sbrunell
on 12/4/08 1:24 pm - Bensalem, PA

First, I have to say how amazing Dr. P. really is....I emailed her...and 10 hrs later, I had her reply....here it is:

Dear Steve,
Everyone has different sensitivity of what is going through one's guts.
Food and water diverted after surgery from the usual way. Extreme temperature, too much or too fast consumption can exacerbate this sensation.
Usually it is faded with time.
You can learn, what cause unpleasant feeling, and avoid it.

Best regards,

LP

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views