To all the PA Board Wonderful Ones

keri2008
on 12/3/08 8:58 pm - PA
I love that Dennis calls everyone that.  You all are Wonderful Ones.  I read this quote this morning and wanted to dedicate to you Wonderful Resilient Ones.  You are all teaching me so much about resilience, transformation and personal evolution.  Thank you for sharing your journey, the good and the bad, it's helping me succeed and to be a better person.

"Resilience is the ability to get hit with adversity, experience it fully, learn from it and then rebound from that painful experience to grow and flourish."

This journey has it's ups and downs but I am never alone.  Thanks for helping me to grow my resilience.

Keri
Liz R.
on 12/3/08 9:29 pm - Easton, PA
Keri - that is a wonderful quote and appplies to each and everyone of us along this wonderful journey! Keep on successing!

Liz
SPatel4
on 12/3/08 11:49 pm - Levittown, PA

HiJack!

Holy Cow Liz! Love the new Avatar. You look so pretty!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

GD_007
on 12/3/08 9:53 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Keri!

So how are you doing at +3 months out???

-GD
keri2008
on 12/3/08 11:16 pm - PA
Thanks for asking.  Pretty damm good on the physical front.  All my bloodwork came back super.  My physician "resolved" two conditions in my electronic medical file: hypertension and elevated triglycerides.  All cholesterol and other levels are in the normal range (not high normal but average normal - LOL).  Which was exciting.  I am no longer borderline diabetic as my A1C plummeted too (THANK God).  No more CPAP (that's new in the last two weeks) - YAYYYYY!!!.  Oh, and I've lost 66 pounds.

Emotional side is a little tougher........
GD_007
on 12/4/08 12:15 am - Drexel Hill, PA
That's great!!  What was your B12 level/number?  Mine was 300 something, within normal range, but I've started taking a sublingual B12 to get it higher up the range.  The range is something like 200 - 1000ish.
-GD
keri2008
on 12/4/08 8:50 pm - PA
Thanks.  I'm pretty rocked by all the good numbers.  My B12 is 632 but I told my surgeon I'm going to go ahead and start taking it too.  Since I know it's a tough one for us under normal cir****tances I'd rather be in the higher range too.  NOT a vitamin you want a deficiency in.  :0)  Good to hear your number was good too though, you're doing great.

klr
Dennis Belk
on 12/4/08 4:49 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Keri,
That is a wonderful quote and sure does apply to this group, and there's nothing better than sharing that resilience. Togetherness is our wonder.

Dennis  
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 5:40 am - Boston, MA
What a wonderful quote Keri -- and so applicable.  Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Lisa :) 

Pam Hart
on 12/4/08 6:04 am - Easton, PA
Keri,

That is a great quote, and something we should remember!

I also read your response to GD - and what great news!!  Whoo hoo!!  Keep up the fantastic work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views