It's official, i'm stalled

Nubianlilly
on 12/4/08 1:58 am - PA
I'm really frustrated with my weight loss. I know the practical  wisdom is to change the foods that your eating, get in all your protein and exercise.  Now I haven't been really good with either of those last two things at all in the past, but for the last couple of weeks, I've really been a stickler for both.

I have about 44lbs left to hit goal.  It's not huge, but it's still significant. and the scale isn't moving any.

I don't know what to do. I want to get to goal and I don't want to get comfortable at this weight, it's not where I want to be ultimately.  Honestly, I really want to get below goal that way as I stabalize I can gain 5-10 lbs and still be at my goal weight.  So really, I would like to lose 50 more so I have a little cushion.

What should I do??? My body isn't moving and I don't want to get stuck here. HELP!!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/4/08 2:02 am
Make your protein goal, don't let your carbs exceed your fat limitation.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Nubianlilly
on 12/4/08 2:04 am - PA
I have been a little lax watching the carbs.  I will definately pay more attention to this.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 2:24 am - Eastern, PA
I'll let those more qualified help you with food questions.

Now... let's talk exercise.

How much and how often?

Then we'll take it from there. :)
Nubianlilly
on 12/4/08 2:41 am - PA
I've been doing The Firm 5 times per week or some other aerobics video.  I have so many, I haven't even duplicated a video yet ( some videos have more than one workout on them)   The thing that's different about The Firm is that it mixes strength training and aerobic exercise both low impact and step all in one mix.

I am notoriously bad at strength training so this works for me.  I don't have a gym membership and no machines in my house, but I have plenty of workout videos and weights, a stability ball, step pilates equipment... all kinds of stuff.

HELP.

dit657
on 12/4/08 3:06 am - Boothwyn, PA
Stalls can be so frustrating - Nan and Norm gave you great advice - nothing I can really add there, but I will tell you if you shake things up a little in your diet and exercise the stall will break and you'll continue to lose. I was in a big bad stall for almost a month - talked it out at one of the support meetings and got some great advice and have dropped 15 lbs since then.

The scale will move again - your body may just be catching up to the big weight loss you've had - that's what the Barix nut told me yesterday. Don't get discouraged (even tho its easy to do) - you have the tool, and it still works.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
KimZ
on 12/5/08 9:40 am - PA
I am officially now off of my stall (YEAH!!).  It had been since October 27th since my scale moved.  I do not eat any slider foods, I do not drink anything but decaf coffee and water,  I get my protein and watch my fat quota,  I watch and log everything carefully - eating exctaly what I am supposed to - so food wasnt the answer.  As far as exercise - I doubled it - going to the gym most days 2 or 3 times a day (spending as much as 5 - 6 hours of hard hitting cardio, weight training and classes) - but nothing seemed to moved the scale.

I had a phone call from one of the Nuts the Monday before Thanksgiving and she said that stalls are normal about this stage and it will pass.  She asked about my inch loss during the stall period and I told her that there was nothing noticable.  BUT LET ME TELL YOU - this past week the airline lost my luggage and I was forced to run out and buy some dress pants and a blouse.  I have been in size 14s and admittidly they were a little loose - but I was never prepared to fit very comfortably into a size 10 (YEAH 10!!).  So my inches were coming down - I just didnt realize.
it because I was so wrapped up in my own frustrations over the stall.

During the Thanksgiving weekend, I ate a little more turkey than I should have.  I actuallly ate 1/2 sandwich on white bread (my first in over a year) and I had a little of the sugar free pumpkin bread (or maybe more than I should have) - but I believe that the only thing that broke my stall was by not following my hard and fast rules for those 4 days during the holiday weekend.  I believe my body shifted while on the stall - but when I went back to my eating and exercise routine starting this past Monday - it was enough to kick me back into poundage loss again.

Easier said than done - but dont stress it - your scale WILL move again. 

Kim Z

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views