scheduled for 12/29

Rhondafay
on 12/3/08 12:07 pm
SCheduled for RNY on 12/29/08.  Very excited but now the anxiety is setting in.  Any advise for the jitters
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 12:22 pm
Congratulations!  Take a deep breath, get all your ducks in a row before you go into the hospital and enjoy the ride! 

Good luck with your surgery!

HG
Pam Hart
on 12/3/08 5:44 pm - Easton, PA
Congrats!!

The best advice I can give you is that know that fears are normal and you will go through lots of different emotions from here on in. People here are going to delete this post of mine because I've said it over and over again....but Dennis here told me once to remember you made this decision when you were "sane" when you knew the facts when you knew what needed to be done.  The emotions can really play havock with your mind right about now...but just keep going along.

Also...get a few things for the first day or so home...like broth and sf ice pops and what not...but don't stock up on any one thing...you'll be amazed at how things you like suddenly change with your taste buds....it's amazing.

Oh - and be prepared to sip walk and breathe after surgery.  The breathing and walking can be a little painful - but makes recovery sooooo much easier and that much better and quicker!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 5:22 am - Boston, MA
Congratulations on getting your surgery date -- how very exciting!!!  December 29th is really right around the corner.  Heather and Pam have already given you great advice -- just know that the anxiety and jitters are normal.  Try to keep busy, continue to do research for living life as a post-op, and get some things you'll need for soon after you come home.  Looking forward to welcoming you to the other side!!!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views