Barix and Dr Boe ROCK!!

dit657
on 12/3/08 2:25 am - Boothwyn, PA
Just got back from my 9 month follow-up at Barix - it went fantastic!! Dr Boe was so happy with my bloodwork - everything on there is great and right where it should be. He said at 12 months I should have lost between 50-75% of my excess weight and right now I'm at 49% so that was great. The nut was mostly pleased with my food logs - said there are times when I'm getting empty calories (sugar free ice cream...) but all iln all its pretty good and I'm meeting my protein goals most of the time. She said not to worry about the days I go over - its not going to hurt me.

So all in all a fantastic visit - my BMI is finally UNDER 40 - woo-hoo!!  Sometimes I can't get over how much better I feel and how much more energy I have (most of the time - like I told Dr Boe, I'm 51 now and deserve a tired day from time to time - LOL!!).

So that's my update - God bless Barix, Dr Boe and all who work there for giving me my life back.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 12/3/08 2:38 am - Easton, PA
Congrats Kathy!! YOU ROCK too!! YOu have done a fantastic job!  Great to hear that the bloodwork was perfect too!

Keep up the great work!

Liz
Tom B.
on 12/3/08 3:07 am - Runnemede, NJ
Yes I have to agree.  I was at my pre-op today. the Pre-op team was fantastic.

can't wait to meet the rest of the team.

Congrats on your progress.
Laura D.
on 12/3/08 3:13 am - Pottstown, PA
I'm so happy for you that you have your life back.  Congrats on the hard work and thanks for always posting.
New_Beginnings_36
on 12/3/08 3:42 am - PA
Kathy - You did the hard work and you are continuing to do the work that got you your life back! Way to go! You rock !! I'm so glad that you had a good 9 month appt :)  {{hugs}}

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
tanya72100
on 12/3/08 3:42 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Congrats!!! You are doing a great job!! I have my 3 month post op appt on next Tuesday!!

Congrats on your success!!!

EileenWalton
on 12/3/08 3:56 am
Hey you....keep your hands off my man!  Well, okay, maybe I can share.  Sounds like you had a great visit.  You are doing great! 
Eileen

dit657
on 12/3/08 3:59 am - Boothwyn, PA
Your post made me smile!! He's a cutie, isn't he? And just the sweetest man - never makes you feel like he's rushing you in and out - sits and talks and wants to make sure we're doing okay. I felt myself smiling the whole way back to work!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
EileenWalton
on 12/3/08 4:05 am
Yes, he certainly is.  He was like that with me last month.  We sat and chatted for 30+ minutes.  He told me so many personal stories and was genuinely interested in how I felt about all the changes that have occurred in my life over the past year.  I hugged him when he walked into the room and hugged him again when he left.  He truly is a very special man.
Eileen

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 4:35 am
Kathy that is awesome! You deserve to be smiling and happy you have worked at this 1505 and you give back to us when we need the support! Keep on rocking it Girlfriend!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views