I hereby pledge, and hope that you will join me...

Liz R.
on 12/3/08 2:43 am - Easton, PA
AS the holiday season rapidly approaches the "food gifts" & sweet treats will start to arrive on the counters of offices across the area. I hereby pledge NOT to indulge in the empty calories, sugary - dump fest items that roll through the office! I WILL STICK TO MY PLAN without depriving myself, as Shauna would say deprivation ended the day of my surgery.

Who's with me is the fight against the holiday goodies in the workplace! Luckily we usually get at least 1 fruit basket and I will be enjoying that to it's fullest!

May you all have a WONDERFUL and HEALTHY Holiday Season!!

All my love, and support!

Liz
GD_007
on 12/3/08 3:20 am - Drexel Hill, PA
I'M WITH YOU!!!
New_Beginnings_36
on 12/3/08 3:38 am - PA
"Just say NO to sugar"

Liz - Love the new avatar :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
EileenWalton
on 12/3/08 3:53 am

OOOOHHHHH, I'm not looking forward to that.  I work for a very large law firm and they are very appreciative of all the help my department gives them.  We get sooooo much stuff - none of it healthy.  Last year I was only 2 months out so it was easy to say no.  It will be hard this year, but I am making my pledge to continue to stay strong and not allow myself to be tempted. 

Thanks for this post.  It will hold me accountable!  As we get closer, maybe we can post an "accountable" thread on a daily basis.....just to help those of us who are weak.

And, by the way Liz, love the new avi!

Eileen

Liz R.
on 12/3/08 3:56 am - Easton, PA
thanks ladies! It was taken on thanksgiving - chopped hubby out.... lol
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 4:39 am
I am with you on that one! Matter a fact today our District manager (or whatever his title is) bought in Christmas cookies he said come on have some I said thank you but I don't do sugar. One day down!
Elena S.
on 12/3/08 5:01 am - PA
Good for you.  Keep up the good work.  I haven't had a coffee since my consult in October.

Elena S.
on 12/3/08 5:02 am - PA
Sounds great.  I joining you on your pledge.

dit657
on 12/3/08 5:15 am - Boothwyn, PA
Count me in! I can't do sugar so those things won't tempt me but we do get lots of cheese and cracker baskets and nuts - those will be tempting but I will resist - one contractor always sends pears and/or oranges, tho, and they're delicious, so hopefully they'll be coming in this year and I can satisfy any cravings with those.

Love and support right back at ya, Liz!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bubble273
on 12/3/08 5:22 am - Levittown, PA
I'm with you, Liz!!!  I actually haven't had any kind of sugar since 10 days before my surgery and I don't ever plan to have any!!!  Don't mind the sugar-free stuff and it tastes just yummy to me!!!  So BOOOOOOOOOO to sugar and yucky holiday treats!!!  Be gone with your bad selves :)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views