Who's getting their excersise groove on?? Wednesday edition

lauraanne715
on 12/2/08 6:04 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning!!

Okay good morning!!!  Just got done my hour on the treadmill!!  That will probally be all for today since I have to go downtown tonight.  But I did up the intensity a bit more and am heading towards being able to jog on the treadmill!!!  YAY!

What are you doing today???

Have a great day!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/08 10:01 pm
I probably won't have time to exercise tonight.  I spent 5 hours on the phone last night until 1:00 AM fixing my laptop....tonight I have to get on the phone with comcast to now get my internet up and running again.  I think it would have just been easier to buy a new laptop!!  I also have the Phoenixville support group tonight and have to pick up my finished pottery....so, not much time for anything else.

But...thats not the point of this post LOL....I did an hour of karate last night....we worked on somersaults.  Forward AND backwards.  I actually did great with the backwards ones because I couldn't see what I was doing (I also drive better backwards LOL).  I have major motor planning issues, so I find it extremely hard to do something when I have to think about it.  The forward rolls were frustrating me, but I did finally get the hang of them.  Who would have ever thought I would ever have to do forward and backward somersaults again as an adult!!  But, it's really nice knowing I CAN do them....2 years ago I would not have had a snowballs chance in hell of doing them.

HG
MikeB
on 12/2/08 10:43 pm - Pottstown, PA
Well I just got home from the gym I did 20 minutes of basketball to warm up then I did 10 minutes on the bike followed by weight training for legs.. Tonight I have a basketball meeting and I will be going back to the gym with my wife were we will do another 30 minutes on the tread and I'll help her with her weight training.

Heather, good job with the rolling.. I can honestly say that I've not done foward or backward rolls in karate. 

Mike
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 1:44 am

Thanks!  I think my initial hesitation...other than my poor motor planning skills...was that I thought I was going to hurt myself.  I just couldn't picture myself doing it...but once I did, it was all good. 

rachelstarr
on 12/2/08 10:58 pm - PA
Today i have a session with my personal trainer at Ballys total Fittness. So that is my killer workout for today!
bethmal
on 12/3/08 7:34 am
RNY on 12/26/17
I took today off - I still can't breath right and that is sorta important when exercising.  Can't wait for this stupid cold to disappear!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 4:13 am - Boston, MA
Hi Laura and PA!

I didn't get a chance to post this, but here is what I did yesterday (Wednesday):

one 10-minute walk outside
40 minutes treadmill (25 min run, 15 min walk)
35 minutes Pilates
40 push-ups, 40 crunches

Hope you all had a great day, 
Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views