Need help....don't want to lose any more weight!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 2:11 am
Unfortunately, I still haven't met goal never the less passed by it  yet, so I can't relate there....BUT...I know what you mean about feeling like you look old (which you don't btw).  I just went through this over the last few weeks.  I had a birthday, I am taking karate with kids 20 years younger than me that can do things I no longer can, I have been super busy and so, in turn, tired...I started looking in the mirror and seeing someone much older than I was used to seeing.  I was really feeling OLD...and dumpy and haggard....I lost the passion to push myself at the gym...I was obsessing on the little bit of skin that is loose under my chin, etc....etc....etc....  I finally made myself pick myself up and get my butt back in gear at the gym...I started with a nice little 5 mile run/walk on the treadmill and that got the fire burning again.  My face seems to have "lifted" a little and I am looking less tired.  I am feeling better over all.  My point is, that I think we all go through these phases and things readjust (either in our heads or actually on our bodies) and we begin to look and feel better.  I think its kind of like the awkward teen years...you know the years where kids go through "that" stage.....we do the same thing.  We go through a post wls awkward teenage stage. 

I am sure the NUTS will be able to give you some great guidance on what to do to help maintain.

HG
HopefulFuture
on 12/4/08 4:01 am - Boston, MA
Hi Karen, 

I see the others have already given you some good advice and while I'm not where you are (nor am I sure I will ever be), and no, I don't hate you for saying this ;) (I actually really appreciate your truthfulness), I can understand why you are feeling the way you do.  I mean gosh, you have lost well over 200 pounds in 1 year!  From what the others have said, it sounds like your face will "fill out" a bit in the coming months and perhaps your weight will stabilize as well.  Take it day by day and see where you are.  I'll be thinking of you!  And if you are coming to the meeting on Saturday, I can't wait to see you (and your beautiful face, as Eileen said!!!)

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views