Need help....don't want to lose any more weight!!!

bubble273
on 12/2/08 3:38 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,

Please don't hate me for saying this, but I really don't want to lose any more weight.  I just came back from Barix to get weighed and I am now 162.  Don't get me wrong, I am completely loving the fact that I weigh in the 160s, but I am perfectly, perfectly happy with where I am weight wise and do not want to lose any more.  And lately I have not been liking my face.  I think I look too thin and I'm sort of depressed that I'm looking like my age of 35 or older when before when I was fluffy I actually looked younger.  So I want some fat back in my face.

Anyway, I guess the help I need is what do I do to not lose any more.  I know that I probably have to eat more.  I can probably answer this question all by myself!!!  I really don't want to count calories, though.  I always hated weight programs where you had to do that.  But I guess if I don't count them now, I'll really be lost.  And I've never been one to write down what I eat.  I guess now is as good a time as any.

So far my menu today has been weight control oatmeal made with milk, I had a protein bar which I know is 240 calories.  And at the moment I'm having half of a chicken salad sandwich on white bread.  White things don't really affect me.  Tonight for dinner I was probably going to make spaghetti and meatballs, which I would have one meatball and be satisfied.  Then I have to go to Macy's and won't have anything while I'm there.

I guess the answer is to just eat more.  Sorry to babble, but I'm really concerned and want to stay where I'm at.  Plus, I want to get back to the gym.  And if I start doing that, then I'll really be lost as far as what to eat, because then I'll be burning everything off.  I look at myself lately and REALLY, REALLY don't recognize myself and that is also scary.  I keep changing.  I don't know who this new person is yet.  Still working on that one!!!

Thanks for listening.

Karen

dit657
on 12/2/08 4:02 am - Boothwyn, PA
I can't help you with this 'problem' but I did notice you are pretty far below your goal and I saw that earlier today on a post and wondered how you were feelilng. Can you make an appt with the nuts and ask them to bump up your diet or caloric intake without adding a ton of fat and/or sugar? Plus if you do have extra skin you want taken off that'll even be more weight, but won't affect your face, of course.

Give your face a week or so and it might not seem as bad - mine goes through phases - sometimes I think I look so old and tired, and other times I'm very pleased - I think its our bodies adjusting to everything.

It might be hard to eat more since our pouches are small and we know what happens when we overdo it - not fun. But maybe some denser or higher calorie foods will get you to a maintenance level.

Good luck - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 12/2/08 4:02 am - Reading, PA
well you could add in an extra snack and a little fat... like making my protein pudding... use 2 cups of 1% milk, 1 block of reduced fat cream cheese and then a box of what of flavor of pudding you want... i love lemon and vanilla... when I make this now it is skim milk and ff cream cheese...

you could also add in fruit with the oatmeal and nuts at lunch...

do little things and see what happens... and yes I hate you but I am also happy for ya too hehehe...

Dennis Belk
on 12/2/08 5:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Karen,
Could you have ever imagined this bothering you, ever. Well it does and it needs to be addressed. Kathy mentioned seeing the nut and that is a part of the solution, but I've got to tell you, exercise is a major part in this as well. Exercise and feeding your body protein is major. Exercise is work and will "naturally" increase your appetite. Yes you burn calories b/c of exercise but you need more fuel too. RNY takes and takes and takes and it shows, but only if you don't make a habit of feeding that body. Work that body and feed that body! Don't be afraid to eat but with that being said ALWAYS be aware of your triggers and your demons. Steer clear of the traps and use the foods that you're okay with. You don't have to run a 5K every week, you don't have to be anyone but yourself. You can work slowly at Karen's pace with Karen's time for exercise, just try to be consistent in whatever you plan. I'd be glad to talk to you more about it this weekend. I'm sure Norm and plenty others will have some pearls of wisdom for you.

BTW - What you see today is not what you'll see next month, next year and the years after. Our body's change plenty well after our initial weight loss or achieving our goal. It's time to change up that goal Karen. I want you to keep successing.

Dennis  
Jackie W.
on 12/2/08 5:19 am
I've read a lot of people slowed themselves down by increasing calories.  So you are right, you have the answer.  I would start slow, add just a few more calories to your normal eating habits.  Give it a couple of weeks and see how you maintain.  I'd be too afraid to add too many too early.  That way you don't get back into previous habits (if this was a problem pre op).  I'm sure once you level out, your face will look more the way you want it to look.  I think it is fantastic that you did so well in just over a year!!  Good luck with maintaining where you want to be!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

EileenWalton
on 12/2/08 6:25 am
Wow Karen, what an achievement.  I'm so happy that you have reached your goal.  I wish I had some good advice for you about maintaining but unfortunately I have never been in that position.  But I do know that you will get your answers from all of our veterans.  Hopefully you'll be able to discuss it with someone on Saturday and they can point you in the right direction.  I agree with Kathy that calling the NUT would be a good start.  They are certainly the experts and will guide you accordingly.  Again, congrats.....I, for one, can't wait to see that BEAUTIFUL face of yours!
Eileen

Pam Hart
on 12/2/08 8:41 am - Easton, PA
Karen,

I went through a similar phase a few months back.  My face looked drawn and I looked older even for a "younger" person.  At one point I had dropped to about 125 which was below where I wanted to be.  Right now my ticker reflects 126 - which is where I was last week.  However, my "normal" weight is 129.5  Almost like clockwork.

My face, after that drawn appearance, did eventually fill back out a little.  It just took some time.  I don't know what changed or how it filled back out - but it did.

For awhile there I didn't recognize who I was and didn't see myself in pictures.  It's scary.

However, Jen told me that my body would find where it wanted to be.  And it did.  It took a few months of bouncing back and forth and not changing to much...but it finally settled.

I have added some carbs to my diet but mostly whole grain and things like that.  My PB sandwiches (half a sandwhich normally) is on whole grain bread and when I have wraps I use whole grain low carb wraps.  I also "allow" myself to snack on crackers and such - but I have to be very careful with this because I know that can get out of control for me and I don't fill up on those things - so if I don't portion myself out I know I would over indulge.

Definately talk to the nuts.  And Dennis is right about the exercise thing.  Jen also mentioned this...she really concentrated on weight work to "bulk" herself up so she didn't look really thin.  Rather - she looks very sculpted.  Exercise will also increase your calorie demands and probably also your appetite.

You could probably add in some protein shakes or what have you - just to up the calories and what not.

It's a weird problem to have - for many of us.  Never would I have thought that I would say "I don't want to lose any more" and to me, it sounded almost conceited.  However, I then realized that although I didn't want to lose anymore, I did want to continue to change my body's appearance.  I have not gotten to that goal yet, and probably won't be completely satisfied.  But I can sure as heck try.  Speaking of which - I need to find a gym in the area or get some pilates/yoga/weight tapes I can do at home

Good luck!  Sorry I can't give you any more definitive advice except to know where you are coming from.  Definately call the nuts and see what they say, they will give you good advice on maintaining and what not.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
J. M.
on 12/2/08 10:43 am
Ditto to Pam's post.

I hope you dont get to where I am now...gaining...and freaking out over that. ugh. It never ends

~ Jen   

keri2008
on 12/3/08 10:46 pm - PA

Hi Jen.  I hope reading this helps.  I had no idea about glycogen stores and that they hold water.

http://www.weigh****chers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum =1&art_id=23561&sc=801

MikeB
on 12/2/08 10:48 pm - Pottstown, PA
Karen let me shed a little light on this subject for you.. I started at 534 I had been told by my primary doctor that 275 was a good weight for me..  8 months after my surgery I weighed 224... At this weight i looked anorexic.. You could litterally see my ribcage when I was just standing without a shirt.. This is when I had the tummy tuck I pounced back to 290  now I'm 275. I go between 275 and 285.   This is where my body wants to be..

Point is you might have a weight in mind but your body is going to tell you where it wants to be.. Watch your diet and exercise and what will be will be.

Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views