Update on me and ? on Meetings

Victoria B.
on 12/1/08 10:43 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Morning All,

It is me Victoria.
I am doing great. I am down to 193 pounds from my start weight of 361 pounds the day of surgery July 12 2007. A total of 168 pounds lost. I am now a person who needs to remember to eat and I eat to fuel my body not to calm my moods or for any other reason. I have also in love with the Gym, Planet Fitness, I am in traing for the summer I want to beat my 10 miles in the 24 hour relay for life cancer walk. My energy is not what it should be but that is because of my low blood pressure an ongoing pre surgery problem. The meds are making it better.

If anyone has the Barix support group meeting dates and times please let me know. I know at the last meeting I was able to get to they were talking of changing the days. ( I had my surgery at HUP but can't make the meeting down there)
Good Luck to all who are researching this wonderful surgery.

Victoria

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/08 10:48 pm
Hi Victoria!  You've inspired me to do 10 miles at our Relay this year too!

The meeting days are not changing at Barix, just adding Saturdays.  The post op is the 3rd wednesday each month at 7pm and the saturday meetings are the 1st sat. of the month from noon to 4.  One of these months my schedule will allow me to make it to one of them!!  Maybe in January.  I can't remember the last meeting I was at...I think September!

Have a good one.

HG
Victoria B.
on 12/1/08 10:52 pm - Levittown, PA
Thank you for the info, I will try to make it in January.

I am shooting for 15 miles this relay. I cant believe I did it I just stood and cried. People just kept looking at me. I was never able to go to the event because of the heat.

Victoria B.
on 12/2/08 12:08 am - Levittown, PA
Talk about looking wonderful!!! You look awesome!!!!!. I might be able to make the sat meeting in January. This month is crazy.

See you soon, Victoria

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/08 1:41 am, edited 12/2/08 1:42 am
Maybe we will run into each other in January!

HG
bubble273
on 12/1/08 11:54 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Victoria,

I'm so glad that you're doing so well!!!  You looked fabulous when I saw you at school.  Hopefully you'll be able to make one of the meetings soon.  They started the Saturday meetings now and this Saturday I'll be able to go.  So maybe I will see you there.  If not, then maybe our 3rd Wednesday of the month meeting on the 17th.

Take care.

Karen

Pam Hart
on 12/2/08 12:27 am - Easton, PA
Yup third wednesday of every month at 7p for post op
Second tuesday of every month at 7p (however, there are a decent amount of post ops who attend this meeting for support and to help answer questions from pre ops)
And the new Saturday meetings....which are open to all....broken down into smaller groups based basically on length out of surgery, and a special lapband group, and I think a mens group (dont' quote me on that last one)
I was a faithfull attendee of the third wednesday meetings but I recently moved and started a new job, so until I can work out my schedule, I don't know when I'll be back.
Also, keep an eye on the boards...Liz R hosts a meeting at her house which is support group and "cooking class" all in one - we have a great time.  She lives in the Easton area...she just posted this months meeting will be Sunday December 14th and the "theme" of the cooking will be re working holiday favorites.

And like everyone else said - you are looking great and I'm sure you'll have no trouble beating your last time at the Relay for LIfe!  Keep it up!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 12/3/08 5:20 am - Boston, MA
Congratulations Victoria!  Keep up the great work!!!

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views