weird food likes/dislikes.

CherylT
on 11/30/08 3:27 am, edited 11/30/08 7:22 am - Perkasie, PA
I confess....I am weird about food.

I've never had a lot of foods: hoagies, cold cuts---except cheese.....never had a stea****il I tried a tiny bit this past July, and that was under the influence of champagne (no, it wasn't a date)...just a lot of everyday foods I developed a phobia of in childhood and my parents never helped much, so I kept them. Never had tuna, potato salad, macaroni salad, oysters, sardines, most meats except chicken, white fish and hot dogs. Raw things like veggies and fruits I've never had, but I love Gerber fruits!

Nicole0216
on 11/30/08 5:52 am - Lancaster, PA
wow that is quite a confession
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/08 8:56 am - Poconos, PA
Wow..What *do* you eat?? lol. I'm just kidding with ya.

I completely understand the childhood phobia thing. I have it with cauliflower. Never had it, probably never will unless I'm tricked into it..lol.. It looks like brains and when I was little, my sister who also used to tell me I was adopted and my real parents were little 4 foot tall asian people, told me it was monkey brains. Obviously, now as an adult I know it's not but it's just one of those things I can't eat because of the way it looks.

The only other thing I won't eat is liver. It's AN ORGAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! I actually tried to eat it once but it didn't go too well. I got it on the fork, got it this close <> to my mouth and then it hit me - I'm about to eat the internal organ of an animal!! I couldn't do it and started gagging and dry heaving..lol.

As far as my weird likes - I have a secret obsession for puffed cheetos dipped in temp-tee cream cheese. I only have it once every couple of years and only a few but my god do I loooooooove it.
Pam Hart
on 11/30/08 10:34 am - Easton, PA
Interesting.

I never had anything pumpkin until Liz's cooking support group last month.

Come on over to my house....we'll get you eating stuff!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 11/30/08 11:14 pm - Easton, PA
My husband is one also who wasn't exposed to many different foods growing up. I as part of an Italian and Irish family who's entire existence revolves around food was fortunate to be exposed to most things and will try almost anything - I am with Val though, organ meats are for the animal, not us to eat!

Liz
Melanie B.
on 11/30/08 11:35 pm, edited 11/30/08 11:57 pm - Doylestown, PA
I pretty much like anything minus animal organs and I'm not crazy about fish. My problem is that I LIKED ALL food TOO much and hence got to be 269lbs.

Since surgery, I pretty much am turned off to most foods since I don't get any pleasure out of food anymore.

My stepdaughter is a weirdo food freak and ONLY eats, steak, pizza, french fries, pancakes and chocolate milk. Her mother is a freak and has her turned off too so mnay foods due to her own phobias. It seriously ****** me off and when she's at my house I tell her she can have "starve" for dinner.

GD_007
on 12/1/08 2:57 am - Drexel Hill, PA
I've had animal organs (just last weekend) and I love fish....
-GD
keri2008
on 12/1/08 12:00 am - PA
Think of all the exciting times ahead trying new things!  My mom was a real stickler about variety growing up.  On the positive side we used to go about a year and not eat the same thing twice when I was growing up.  On the negative side you had to eat what was put in front of you.  Even if it was an organ.  Both of which (kidneys and liver) I HATE WITH A PASSION.  Used to take me 3 hours to eat my small piece of liver.  Along with about 8 glasses of water (for sipping before and after the bite).  Overall a REAL negative.

Now, post-op I am very boring.  Chicken, cheese and tomatilla sauce or a veggie pattie with cheese.  Snacks are Chike and Greek yogurt.  LOL.  My mom would be horrified.

keri
jojobear98
on 12/1/08 1:53 am - Gettysburg, PA
I hate peas, green beans, carrots, mashed potatoes etc. The ONLY veggies I eat are broccoli and brussel sprouts. I have always been that way.  Oh and beans....ANY kind of bean is ....EWWW! LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

GD_007
on 12/1/08 2:56 am - Drexel Hill, PA
We are "food polar opposites"......I've eaten foods that most people cringe at.
-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views