12 hrs and counting...

KellyD85
on 11/30/08 6:34 am - Riverside, PA
Well, in a little over 12 hrs I will be reporting for my open RNY/GB removal @ Geisinger!  Right now I am a bundle of emotions.  My face is flushed red and warm.  I'm sure my bp is up. I know I have prepared for this but I can't help with all the "what if's" right now.  I have never had surgery before so the unknown is really hard. I just want to see their faces again. 

I have said goodbye to two of my children that I won't see until after the surgery.  My daughter returned back to Wilkes Univ. and my youngest son left to go to Grammy and Pap's to sleep over.  He is going out hunting tomorrow and is very excited.  My middle child, a son, is hoping to sleep over at a friends tonight.  He just got his license on Sat. and is anxious to drive somewhere.  He will be taking himself to swimteam practice in the afternoon tomorrow.

I keep looking to the future.  I'll let you all know how I did when I get home. Any words of encourgaement greatly appreicated.

Kelly

HW/SW/CW/GW
303/275/199.4/150    ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!      

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/08 7:53 am
Congratulations on taking this step to improve your health!  I remember the night before surgery well.  Tomorrow will be here before you know it and you will be in recovery soon after.  Welcome to the losing side of life!! 

Heather G
Arlene E.
on 11/30/08 8:38 am - Philadelphia, PA

Kelly

I wish you much success and a long healthy life.  Having the surgery was the best decision I ever made: well worth the initial pain.  Follow doctor's orders and you will do great!!

arlene 

Nicole0216
on 11/30/08 10:31 am - Lancaster, PA
It is so hard to tell the ones you love goodbye before you go. But it will be ok.
Good Luck and God Bless
Pam Hart
on 11/30/08 10:31 am - Easton, PA
Kelly,

There's no real way to prepare yourself for the emotions that come with all of this.  Know that you will be ok and that you made this decision with all the facts in hand!!

We'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how you make out!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 11/30/08 11:55 pm - PA
Kelly,

Congrats on making the decision to "save" your life!  It's such a crazy emotional time but it's worth it!  Welcome to the losers' bench and to a new way of life that feels fantastic!  Take deep breaths often.

k
HopefulFuture
on 12/3/08 3:43 am - Boston, MA
Hi Kelly, 

Sorry I didn't see your message before you left and by now your surgery is over and you are hopefully on the road to recovery.  I hope everything went really well and we'll all be looking forward to knowing how you are feeling once you are home and are able to post.  

Thinking of you, 
Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views