Anyone from Pittsburgh?

KFA3
on 12/1/08 1:44 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Katie! I'm from Bucks County, but I'm a senior at Pitt and pretty much live in Pittsburgh!
Katie V.
on 12/1/08 9:49 am
So, what do you think of the steel city? I love it here!!! We're actualyl one of the most friendly cities in the country. I can believe that! Then again my opinion is a little biased. haha
Katie

KFA3
on 12/1/08 10:12 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh's OK, I'm used to a much larger city, but I don't hate it. I love Pitt though!
deebatt
on 12/1/08 3:04 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
HI  and welcome to the forum   this is a great place to be and everyone i've been in contact has been super!!!

i am in pittsburgh and am going thru the program at magee also.  my surgeon is dr Eid.  i just had my first visit with him and hope to be having RNY surgery in march or early spring.

drop me a note if you like...its wonderful to meet other peeps from the 'burgh and other magee "babies"

~~ Denise

~ Denise 

Katie V.
on 12/1/08 9:52 am
That's awesome! Magee is a center of excellence. Not to mention all the docs there are so great! They have to be to work where they do and for the health network they work for.

I'm a peep from the burgh but not a MAgee baby...unless you're counting my second birthday from ym surgery! Good luck with everything. you better keep my updated :)
Katie

ellie443
on 12/1/08 3:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi!  I am from the Millvale section of Pittsburgh.  I am just starting this journey.. I have a psych appointment this coming thursday at West Penn

I would be wonderful to have a get together.  If there is a suppport group meeting at the hospital this month, I plan on attending.  They are the third monday each month around where the hospital cafeteria is.

ellen
Katie V.
on 12/1/08 9:48 am
Millvale is right down the road from where i work. I'm at St Margaret!
Katie

MsDeniseinPA
on 12/1/08 9:55 am - PA
Welcome Katie!  Glad to "meet" you!

I live in the North Hills.  My surgery is tomorrow at St. Margarets.

Katie V.
on 12/1/08 10:40 am
GOOD LUCK! I work at St Margarets!!! Dr Quinlin is said to be a wonderful doc...I've met him and Dr Means a few times...nothing too major though. Just a hello in an elevator or something like that lol

keep us posted!
Katie

Michele S.
on 12/1/08 6:21 pm
Hello I had mine done at St. Margarets too.  Dr. Means, your dr. partner at Pgh Baratrics.  I live about an hour north in Apollo PA.   had a band though. 

I hope everything goes well for you today.  I had great experience with them and love my Dr.

Getting together woudl be fun if you don't mind a bandster, I know we are few on this board.

Michele S.
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

411 / 210 / 200
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views