Me holding me accountable...!

Michelle U.
on 11/29/08 11:05 am - Corning, NY
OK...the day is over and I have to say I made it!!  Wow.  My goal was to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water.  I did that and then was peeing up a strom all day...lol...been awhile since that happened so obviously that was lacking!!  Imagine my surprise when I remembered that I like water!!

My biggest struggle of the day was this evening when I took my 8yr old and 5yr old daughters into town for the parade.  The 8 yr old was in it so let her go with her gang to line up for the parade.  Greta asked me for hot chocolate and I got her some because it was like 34 degrees out.  She then wanted a cookie too.  I said ok.  This cookie was like 5 regular chocolate chip cookies all squished into this gieant cookie.  I stood there in the freezing cold holding her hot chocolate...trying to not drink it...kept putting the cup up to my cheek to warm it...then Greta hands me her cookie.  These are the best cookies and I have been known to have them for my lunch or afternoon break...but no more!! 

So, I stood there in the freezing cold playing devils advocate in my mind as to whether a sip of the hot chocolate or a nibble of the cookie would hurt.  AHHHHH   HAAAAAAA!!!!  I did not have either!!  Instead I came home to a great pot of home made Turkey soup that was nothing but veggie stock, tons of veggies, pepper, and leftover white meat turkey.  Wow...that felt good and tasted even better!!

I am going to bed a stronger woman and will conquer tomorrow issues as they come.

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 11:19 am - Breinigsville , PA
WOW! Great job! I'm sure it must have been a huge temptation smelling that hot chocolate! Way to Go!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 11:20 am - Breinigsville , PA
OOPS! Font was a tad large-sorry LOL
Dennis Belk
on 11/29/08 11:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Wonderful Michelle,
We often say it's one day at a time but it can even be, one hour at a time, one event at a time or one meal at a time. You get an A today and the confidence in knowing what works. Don't let those food demons take over. You're much stronger than a cookie or cup of hot chocolate. Stay strong, stay smart, seek support and the days will fly by.
"Remember Lap-Band & RNY vets that newbies are one of our needed resources, they remind us how it was and that we should never forget from where we came."

Dennis
358/345/215 ---- consultation/discharge/current
Nicole0216
on 11/29/08 11:51 am - Lancaster, PA
great job
keri2008
on 11/29/08 8:13 pm - PA
Great job!  The only thing I will add to Dennis' fantastic post is that for me - many times it is one breath at a time..............
Pam Hart
on 11/29/08 8:30 pm - Easton, PA
Yup, Dennis summed it up (as he always does)

That is a GREAT story Michelle and you have a LOT to be proud of!  Good for you!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 11/30/08 12:08 am - Perkasie, PA
Good job! Be proud of yourself. It is soooo hard especially with kids.

HopefulFuture
on 11/30/08 1:35 am - Boston, MA
Terrific job Michelle!  Keep up the great work!!  You can do this!!!

Lisa :)

GD_007
on 12/1/08 2:54 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Good for you!! 
-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA