Hello Everyone!!......I would like to introduce myself

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 12:38 am - Breinigsville , PA
Hi!
     My name is Michelle and I had a revision to RNY 11/17/08 due to medical complications from a VBG i***** I have been reading the Pennsylvania Forum and would like to introduce myself. You have a great group of people and the support is FANTASTIC! Looking forward to future posts!!
*Jennifer Juniper*
on 11/29/08 12:41 am, edited 11/29/08 5:59 am - Philly Girl, PA
WELCOME! To the Best support on the boards LOL

Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
Michelle U.
on 11/29/08 12:50 am - Corning, NY
Welcome Michelle,

My name is Michelle also and I have just found my way back to this forum again.  Hope you are feeling well with just having surgery.

Again WELCOME!!

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
Pam Hart
on 11/29/08 1:19 am - Easton, PA
Hi Michelle!

If you've been reading the pa forum you know what a great group of people we have here!!

Welcome to the boards, look forward to getting to know you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 11/29/08 1:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Michelle,
Welcome to one of the best places on the planet for support, knowledge & friendship!
We hear it all the time and you can believe it b/c it's proven Everyday. What we have here is uniquely wonderful.
We are (and this includes you & Everyone here),
THE WONDERFUL!
Welcome home,

Dennis
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 1:44 am - Breinigsville , PA
 Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!
Patricia R.
on 11/29/08 7:09 am - Perry, MI
Hi and welcome to the best board on OH.  We are a loving, caring, kick you in the butt when you need, hug you when you need it group.  I am so glad you posted and introduced yourself.  I look forward to getting to know you better in future posts. 

Hugs,
trish

P.S.  What is VSB surgery?  I have always been curious.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 10:45 am - Breinigsville , PA
Hi Trish!
     Vertical Banded Gastroplasty is a combination of surgical banding with a stapled pouch. Unfortunately in a large % ( close to 30% per one study) - staple line disruption, scarring, stenosing of the band opening, daily vomiting, and SEVERE reflux occur ( I actually refluxed out my nose while I slept and would aspirate gastric contents).
     Fortunately, revision to RNY resolves the complications. There is a higher incidence of complication- my surgeon spent hours working around scarred tissue- but it has been worth it. I had an awesome surgeon and I feel GREAT! I actually enjoy eating again and look forward to being on the losing side again. Before surgery, I could only tolerate mashed potatoes, milk, tortilla chips, refined carbs- everything else caused pain or vomiting.
     I am so grateful for the OH family and all of the great support. It really helped alleviate my fears of having a revision. Looking forward to future posts!

XOXOXO,
Mich
MsDeniseinPA
on 11/30/08 2:35 am - PA
Welcome Michele

I'm also being revised to RNY from a failed VBG (in 1998) on Tuesday.  Glad to read that you are doing well.

Was your revision Lap or Open?
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/08 8:49 am - Breinigsville , PA
 Hi!
Thanks for the welcome! Regarding your question-  Fortunately, my surgeon, Dr. Ku is very experienced with revisions- I did my research.  He was able to do the whole procedure laparoscopically. I was prepared, however, that changing to an open procedure was possible if surgical issues arose. I feel so much better now. I wish you all the best on Tuesday. If you have any questions or I can help you in any way, just let me know!

Mich
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views