You are all AWSOME!!

Michelle U.
on 11/28/08 9:32 am - Corning, NY
Thanks so much for all the encouragement and thoughts.  Dennis, wow...thanks a bunch for remembering where I came from and that all was diffrent 3.5 years ago!  Im not sure why I struggle so much.  I mean, I went through surgery for gosh sakes...I let them make my stomach tiny and I commited to taking the weight off and keeping it off and then here I am back to a size 16 and feeling completley miserable every day.  All those things that went away after loosing weight have slowly started to come back...mostly noticeable is the back ache. 

Ah, it is good to come and vent and know that someone will understand.  But is also good to know I can come and be held accountable for what I put in my mouth and the choices I make on a daily basis.

This will have to be one day at a time.  Saturday my goal is to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water...tiny steps....

I am thankful for all of you,

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
Dennis Belk
on 11/28/08 10:23 am, edited 11/29/08 1:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Michelle,
This new life we have chosen is not peaches & cream. LOL. It's sugar-free this and decaf that. It's protein first and watch those carbs & fats. It's exercise and activity and never forgetting obesity. It is a challenging life with a ton of responsibility but we all know that life is harder when you're fluffy. All the work is work and it's easy to get lost sometimes. You're not alone in this kind of challenge and there are those that we don't see or hear from that may be where you are now. I hope that they are doing well, but if they're not I hope they can find their way back to us or some other strong support network so that they too can get back to where they want to be. We all understand getting lost and we try not to but the pull of our former lives is so strong. It never leaves us. We spend alot of time suppressing it. It's hard, but I can tell you being selfish and giving yourself time with others like yourself, like all of us, has been my cure. I'm so wrapped up in this new life I couldn't get lost if I tried. There are too many out there who would track me down find me and get me straight. Thank God for them all. Good support, better support and more support is a big part of the cure, and I've found it. We all need to find it, keep it, and never let it go.

Welcome back Michelle   

Dennis  
Patricia R.
on 11/28/08 1:36 pm - Perry, MI
Michelle,
Thanks for being honest in your previous post.  I have been struggling terribly for the past year, never making my goal weight.  Behaviors I thought I was rid of are back with a vengeance.  The best I can do is take it one day at a time, and try to make each day better than the one before, not always easy mind you.

I believe as long as I keep trying, and you keep trying, there is hope.  Hope dies when we quit trying. 

Hang in there.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 11/28/08 2:02 pm - Easton, PA
Michelle,

that's the best part of being able to come to these boards whenever.  The main part of these boards is to support one another and support generally means through rough times as well.  Of course we love sharing in each other's successes - but the true value of support is being able to help someone up when they are down. 

Hang in there!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 11/30/08 1:16 am - Boston, MA
We all know you can do this, Michelle.  You have a good mentality with the "one day at a time" thing -- not taking on too much at once.  Hope you were able to get your water in yesterday!  

Thinking of you, 
Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views