****Saturday Roll Call****

pennykid
on 11/29/08 12:09 am - PA
Good morning, all!

I thought I had a crazy week, but after reading your posts, I don't think I'm unique now.   lol   My computer died last weekend, so I'm using my beau's computer whenever possible.  (And let's not think about the cost of retrieving my data from my old computer!  Guess who bought an external hard drive yesterday for the new computer she'll be buying soon and will be backing up on a regular basis???  lol)   On Wed, I learned that someone got my credit card number and used it buy a leather jacket for over $1000.  It got delivered to my house---I guess the thief was going to come pick it up off the step.  Someone was home, though, and brought in the package.  Fortunately, I think this is the first thing they charged on my card---and the last, as the card was closed on Wed when we learned what happened.  Yesterday, we tried doing the Black Friday thing, wanting to get a computer that was on sale at Best Buy.  We got there around 2:30am---and had about 150 people ahead of us.  The line was behind the store.  And of course, I didn't get my computer.  Or any sleep. 

I'm not sure what's on the agenda for today.  We have some errands to run (including dropping that jacket off at a UPS store to return to the company), but most of the day will be spent just relaxing. 

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!

Julia
Patricia R.
on 11/29/08 12:20 am - Perry, MI
Wow, Julia,
It's a good thing you were able to catch the purchase, and stop the credit card.  Good thing someone was home.

I always think I am unique, and find this forum, and others I am part of, keep me centered in reality.  The beauty of these forums is that we are not alone in our journey of recovery.  We have people here to can help us when we are down, and celebrate when we are up. 

Good luck with the computer search.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

pennykid
on 11/29/08 12:54 am - PA
Thanks, Trish!

I'm glad, too, that the damage to my credit card wasn't worse!  I'm soooo happy this jerk was stopped in his/her tracks on this one!!  I wish I knew how they got my number (no, I didn't lose my card---they just got the number) so I could warn others.  I want to warn the world to at least pay close attention to their credit card statements and question everything they don't recognize.  (btw, the jacket that was ordered?  Ugly!!!!  lol)

I hope you're feeling better!
Pam Hart
on 11/29/08 1:24 am - Easton, PA
I think it's hysterical the jacket got delivered to your house.  I know the whole identity theft thing is nothing to laugh at - but it's funny all the same.  Perhaps the theif didn't realize the company would only ship to a billing address or something like that?  Glad you were able to get it straightened out.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
pennykid
on 11/29/08 1:52 am - PA

I think they shipped it here on purpose.  Some companies won't ship to a PO Box, and if the thief shipped it to their address, it would be easier to get caught.  But with a tracking number supplied by the seller, they would know when the package got delivered.  Then they could drive by, pick it up, and keep going.  I think it's funny they didn't get away with it, but the whole mess is going to be a headache for me.  I have to go out of my way to ship the jacket back, fill out paperwork for my credit card company, and figure out any payments that are automatically billed to that account and set them up again on a new card in a week or 2.  I doubt they'll ever catch the person, but I hope they do---they need to pay for their actions.  (Who knows how many other people they've done this to?)  It is sort of funny, though. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views