Friday exercise and menu

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/08 11:51 pm
I have been sitting here all morning waiting for the oil guy to come out and fill my tank.  It is a new company, so i have to be here the first time so he can check my tank before filling it.  I don't really have a menu plan yet today, so now is a good time to think about it.

B:  I had a few bites of left over turkey and homemade stuffing....I was going to have a protein shake, but I don't have any milk and I didn't feel like one made with crystal light.

L:  I will probably make a turkey salad with lite mayo and brussels sprouts.

S:  Riccotta and pumpkin fluff....at least I hope what I create is edible LOL

D:  Hopefully NOT more turkey.....I might make a tuna cassarole made with high protein pasta.

S:  almonds

As far as exercise, I will head out to the gym later and put in a good hour and a half of cardio and weight training. 

How about you?

HG
Nicole0216
on 11/27/08 11:57 pm - Lancaster, PA
No gym for me today I am working a double.

I am not sure what the menu will look like. I already have had eggs, coffee, chai latte
a slice of SF apple Pie and some crackers. I always dread working a double because my eating goes out the window.

What I have left in my bag is deli meat roast beef and chicken. Some cheese and lettuce.
Greek yogurt
South Beach meal
and I brought my protein powder with me to have a shake or two.

I am trying to power house my protein for my presurgery prep.
Georgianne Z.
on 11/28/08 8:42 am - NC
Hi !

Well, about 7 weeks ago I started some physical therapy and now, I can post my exercise! lol I haven't really exercised more than walking since aqua aerobics right after surgery.  I kept hurting myself with different machines and DVDs.  Even the personal training thing did not work out because I would hurt myself. 

Now, I know why.  So, I am in PT and guess what?  I LOVE IT!  I love moving and feeling muscles and being able to do the HG Eliptical!  :=) 

So today I can post what I did.  30 minutes of what my PT told me to do - mostly floor, ball and that tension string work.  Mondays and Wednesdays I do the Eliptical, but today, just PT stuff. 

I just LOVE my exercise ball!  HA!  I can't believe I typed that.  lol

Georgianne

What you are, is God's gift to you.  What you make of yourself, is your gift to God.

Pam Hart
on 11/28/08 9:07 am - Easton, PA
Work was a PIA today and therefore my eating got thrown off (You know its bad when they have the hospital operator page over head 'all units please send all available transport stretchers to the er All available stretchers to the er"

Anyway...let me see if I can remember what I ate:

Weight control Oatmeal 15gm
1 Cheese stick 8gm
Greek Yogurt 17gm
1/2 of a small steak at Applebees (late lunch early dinner w/ a girlfriend...) 28ish?  I guess it was about 4 ounces that I ate

I have one hell of a cold that I am trying to kick, feel miserable....and will probably have some chicken broth when I am done here.  Followed by sometime nighttime theraflu like stuff and nyquil (I already have the vicks on much to hubby's dismay and took a shower with those menthol shower tabs, which by the way, do almost nothing)

68gm

Fluids:

62 ounces crystal lite
10 ounces caffeine free diet pepsi
Plus the water with the theraflu
Plus the chicken broth

Exercise:  Running my butt off at work

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 11/29/08 8:16 am - Perkasie, PA
On the exercise front, I have a confession. I missed yesterday's and today's workouts. BUT I did stay on my feet, running around work all day yesterday, and today. Today I ended up working 9 hours, and yesterday was 10, on my feet the whole time. But since I didn't get my workout in in the morning before work, it won't get done. It's the first time I've missed one since February.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views