***Black Friday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 11/27/08 1:26 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Everyone,
How did everyone make out on Thanksgiving?  I was super blessed.  I got to Skype with the munchkin.  She is too cute at this age.  She is 17 months old, and can babble and actually make sense most of the time.

I had a thrill watching my daughter-in-law perform at the St. Louis Thanksgiving Day parade.  I was able to see her via a live feed from the TV station in St. Louis online.  She is an actress, and is also releasing a CD in a few weeks.  She is performing in "Little Women" in the theater out there.

My family went to a lovely restaurant in Upper Black Eddy, which was excellent in the quality of the food, and the atmosphere was the best.  It sits on the River Road, looking over the Delaware.  It is the Indian Rock Inn.  I recommend it highly.  It is a few minutes from Easton, for you guys from that neck of the woods.  Great food. 

After dinner, we went back to my sis-in-law's and got to watch each other play on their new Wii system.  I watched, as I do not feel too mobile yet.  Sis-in-law made a sugar free, crustless pumpkin pie that I could enjoy, as I had given my dessert to my nephew at the restaurant. 

Then, I came home and chatted with my sons on the phone.

I hope everyone had a blessed day.

Friday has me cleaning and then going to therapy.  I do not think I will be doing much shopping, as the rent is due this paycheck, and my rent went up, as my lease renews December 1st. 

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 11/27/08 6:14 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!

Well despite the problems with my car, Thanksgiving went very well for us.  We did end up bringing my parents car home and my parents will be taking my car to the shop on Saturday where the warantee is still good.  Brian will be calling them today to work things out with them.

I am at work from 7-3.  Apparantly, I have developed a little bit of a cold.  I had a runny nose yesterday - and today I am all blocked up and feel kind of blech.

After work, depending on how I feel, a girlfriend and I might be getting together for dinner.  Hubby and I had tossed around the idea of a movie tonight - but I very well just may come home an crawl into my PJs and watch some tv snuggled up on the couch.

Nothing to much else going on!

Trish, thanks for the heads up on the restaurant - we might have to check it out one day as you say it's not to far from Easton which is where we are.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 11/27/08 6:21 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA!

Your thanksgiving sounds like it was a good one and I know mine was, lots of food and my first time post-WLS enjoying the feast of plenty, but nothing like the pig out it used to be, as I neither wanted, nor had much of an appetite for it, I mostly had tastes of the food and it was more about the family and socialization than anything else, so I enjoyed!

We went to bed early and I'm up earlier than I'd like but, hey, it's quiet and I get to check in here guilt free ;)  When my daughter wakes up, her b/f is watching all the kids and we are going to check out the "black friday" situation, along with my other daughter, have a mother/daughter's lunch somewhere as tomorrow I get back on the road to head north. 

Well that's my day plan, hope everyone had a wonderful TG and that you get to enjoy this day whatever you are doing!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Michelle U.
on 11/27/08 9:43 pm - Corning, NY
Good morning!

Today is my first day of being aware.  I will think about everything that goes into my mouth before I put it there!!  Thanksgiving was ok.  We were stuck in NY.  My family is all in Pittsburgh and this is the first time ever that I didnt get to see my parents on Thanksgiving :(  I think I am going to go out later and check out the sales.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/08 11:45 pm
Ok..i have to ask..what is Skype??  Is it a web cam?

HG
Patricia R.
on 11/28/08 8:14 am - Perry, MI
Hi HG,
Skype is a program, like AOL IM that you can download and use a webcam to talk to people all over the world.  I am able to see my granddaughter in real time and talk to her in real time over a microphone and using a webcam she can see me.  You can download Skype off the internet, just like you can download AOL IM.  If you have a webcam you are good to go.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Candace ..
on 11/28/08 4:58 am - pgh, PA
Hello!!!   

Glad to hear you had nice time yesterday!!!  It's always nice to spend time with the family.

Have a good day!
                                                                 130LBS GONE!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views