OK, im coming clean

Michelle U.
on 11/27/08 11:53 am - Corning, NY
My name is Michelle.  I had gastrict bypass in March of 05.  I did great right out of the gate.  I was about 255 on surgery day.  I then moved from Pittsburgh to Corning NY.  I had a baby who is now 10 months old...very easy pregnancy,  There was a point that I was down to 155lbs...that is when the move happened and then the pregnancy,  So here I am weighing in at 222lbs.  im done feeling sorry for myself and ready to get out there and change this around for me!!  I turn 40 in about 6 weeks and I will have taken back my control over my body by then...I hope Im not alone....

hugs,
michelle
Live, Love, Laugh!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/08 12:15 pm
Good for you for taking back control.  We all struggle, so no, you are not alone.  Reaching out for support is a great start.  You know what to do, and I know you can get back to where you want to be.

Heather G
Nicole0216
on 11/27/08 12:28 pm - Lancaster, PA
You can do this. Use your tool. Protein first, limit carbs and water water.
If you do this consistently with excercise and it does not work. There are some other options such as stomaphyx etc. You cannot fail if you do not give up.
Laureen S.
on 11/27/08 6:32 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Michelle,

As has been said by others, you can do this and you already began by posting here, so perhaps start off with the 5-day pouch test (just google it) and maybe participate in the daily menu post, just to help you get back on track. 

I wish you luck, as this is an ongoing battle, but one we can win, with the support of others on the same journey.  The surgery we had, as often is said, is on our body, not our brains and therein lies the day to day turmoil, you are not alone, there are others who can better share their stories with you. 

Best wishes as you take charge of what you know you can do!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 11/27/08 7:04 pm - Easton, PA
Michelle,

Your attitude sounds right on point.  That alone will carry you far.  Continue to take control and you will get through this as well.

Come here for lots of support - there are many who have been in your shoes!

Everyone else has given you lots of good advice!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Arlene E.
on 11/27/08 8:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Michelle

You took the first step.  We are here to support you and let you know that you are not alone.  Good luck to you as you take back control.

arlene 

Dennis Belk
on 11/28/08 6:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Michelle,
In 2005 you were just behind Tom Tyler and just ahead of me in having your surgery. Back in those days you hit this board for all the things it offers. Today you still can and you will always be able to come here for what you first came for. The support, knowledge and friendship here has never waned. I'm as stuck here today as I was in 2005 and that has helped me to stay "successing".  It's a Shauna term and it reminds us that we as patients may not do well when we achieve our weight goal. We may get comfortable, start rewarding ourselves and slowly get back to what got us here. Obesity. We have to stay in a constant state of getting to goal by changing what goal is. When you get there in weight the new challenge is maintaining and many goals can be created to keep you successing. We will always be striving in this new life to stay in a good place, not easy but so worth it. You had a child, a wonderful event, you moved out of PA for a time, you've moved back. Life has been busy and it will always be that way, but you also have your gastric bypass and you can still work it. Work it in mind and in body. Yes, it's happened to others before and they've made it back, to stay. Norman Benford is one of our shining examples and he will always remind us of what is possible and worth it. You go back to the early days Michelle. Try that 5 day pouch test that Laureen mentioned. Start from the beginning, stay with this group and share what you're feeling. Don't hold back and you will get back, to stay.

You've done it before.
You can do it again.
You will do it again.
No doubt.

Dennis 
Georgianne Z.
on 11/28/08 8:32 am - NC
Hi Michelle!

I have nothing new to add to the great posts already but to give you my support!  From the way it sounds, you know what needs to be done.  Isn't that always the thing?  From knowing to actually doing.  You are not alone because all of us struggle in some way or another.

This board is great as I am sure you know.  You can do it!! 

Georgianne

What you are, is God's gift to you.  What you make of yourself, is your gift to God.

HopefulFuture
on 11/30/08 12:43 am - Boston, MA
Hi Michelle, 

I see you have already gotten wonderful advice and encouragement from many of the others.  I just wanted to offer my support too and to reiterate that you are definitely not alone.  I have complete confidence that you can and will take back control.  Continue to seek support and we will all be here for you.  Happy early Birthday too!

Thinking of you, 
Lisa :)

ShaunainHarleysville
on 11/30/08 1:59 am - Harleysville, PA
Glad to have you back my old friend!
PA is lucky to have you!  This Board is one fo the most supportive and educated Boards around.  We forgive and absor, so no problem with assuming your "old position"!  I still get the update emails from you and am always happy to find that you and the kids and hubby are happy and adjusting the the changes.  Today I am more than happy to find that you are rediscovering your passion for MIchelle.  We are SO happy to have you back where you belong; with us and with yourself.  Successing is YOURS and we are here to help.  There are many options to restart your engines, several of which have been mentioned.  I would consider the 5 day pouch test first for a mental "reset" and I would spend alot of time here.  Next, find every support group you can.  If you can make it out to the Philly area for first Saturday in December you can attend a 4 hour support meeting at Barix.  You can stay with me for the night!  Think about what you need and ask for it.  We will oblige.  Welcome back MIchelle.  I am SO happy to have you back!
Love to you...now KICK SOME BUTT!
Shauna 
Deprived?  Are you kidding?  Deprivation ended September 20th, 2005.
RNY 9/05, Plastics 9/08
Still doing it after all of these years...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views