***Thanksgiving Roll Call***

deeg
on 11/26/08 10:40 pm - Quakertown, PA
Good morning!
This is my first Thanksgiving after my surgery.  I am still on pureed foods, so this should be interesting.  I am going to my parents house with my brother and his wife and 4 girls.  I can't wait to see them!  I have such a good support with all of them with regards to this RNY!  I am so thankful for my family and finally having the RNY.  I don't think I have been this happy with my life in a long while!  I also feel a strong support with all of you, reading your posts, and knowing that if I have a problem or question I could ask away!  Thank you for being great supports and wonderful people!

Happy Turkey Day!

Dee

Dianne P.
on 11/26/08 11:11 pm, edited 11/27/08 3:22 am - DE

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !

Just wanted to pop by and wish everyone a blessed thanksgiving. There are so many things I am thankful for this year. My health, 95 pounds lighter, my friends here, Most of all My Family, and the list could go on. I am gonna have a quiet little dinner for 2 with DH and then DH and my son are going to the Eagles game tonight. I just had surgery Aug. 6th so I am kinda glad I don't have to cook too much this year.
So from the bottom of my heart to everyone-Happy Thanksgiving !
Dianne

Pam Hart
on 11/27/08 12:21 am - Easton, PA

Good Morning all!  And I echo the thoughts of thanks on the new lease on life given to me a little over a year ago, all my friends here and "in person, and of course my family.

Came to jersey last night - saw my parents - then went to my old hospital to say hello.  They were swamped and I didn't get to talk to a lot of them - but it was nice to see the ones I did get to see.

This morning has been a rocky start.  My brother (who worked the overnight and got home at 7am when I still sleeping) noticed that my car had a flat.  Unfortunately - nobody is open - the tire is less than 6 mos old and under warranty so I want to take it to the place here in jersey that did it to begin with.  I have work in the morning and being on orientation and it being a holiday weekend, I really can't call out.  And we can't drive the car home on the donut per hubby.  So the morning was spent figuring out A)  How are we getting home B)  how are we getting the tired changed C)  What is safest and most economical?  I hate to put my parents out but as their schedule as far as working works out....we will take my car to my grandmothers house (which is close) for Thanksgiving.  My father is meeting us there (he's joining us in progress as he is currently at work in NYC)  We will take his car home.  He will take my car.  On Saturday he will take my car to the place I had the tire done at and deal with that issue.  Then on Sunday we will come back to jersey and swap cars.  We were coming back to jersey on Sunday anyway to see
brian's parents...so it's just a slight detour.

Now that the saga has been figured out....I'm starting to get ready for the day.  Made hubby coffee...going to hop in the shower and get dressed.....then it will be to grandmothers house for the day to see all  my family and enjoy a nice Thanksgivng with them.  Hopefully be on the road semi early today to go home as I have to be up tomorrow by 5 to get to work.

never a dull moment!  Oh well!  Enjoy your holiday celebrating with those both in person and on the phone, and holding ones close in your heart.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Jayne
on 11/27/08 1:04 am - Swiftwater, PA
My first Thanksgiving after surgery too.  It's going to be a quiet day, Just me my hubby, my cousing and her hubby.  I'm so thanksful my cousin is coming over -- she has offered to help me take in my clothes!

Happy Day!
Candace ..
on 11/27/08 1:05 am - pgh, PA
Hello!!!!  Thank you and Happy Thanksgving to you as well!!!!
                                                                 130LBS GONE!!!

Nicole0216
on 11/27/08 1:06 am - Lancaster, PA

Hi. All. I slept in, worked late last night. Jason is making me breakfast yummy. We will probably go to starbucks today before i have to go to work again. He got us some sushi so we will be having that for dinner. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving and spend some time with those that you love.

HopefulFuture
on 11/29/08 7:59 am - Boston, MA
I am a bit late on this post Trish, but I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am for you and all the other wonderful folks on the PA board :)  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Lisa :) 

Patricia R.
on 11/29/08 8:28 am - Perry, MI
Lisa,
we love when you post.  Don't be a stranger.  Love,
trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

HopefulFuture
on 11/30/08 1:52 am - Boston, MA
Awww, thank you so much Trish!

Love, Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA