***Thanksgiving Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 11/26/08 7:26 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a blessed Thanksgiving Day.  I am grateful for my friends and family, here and in real time.

Today, I will be tidying and then Skyping with my granddaughter.  After that, we are driving up the Delaware River to a restaurant in Upper Black Eddy, where we will be having dinner this year.  My family decided to do something different this year because of all the losses we have had in our family.

I miss my kids, but will talk to them later today. 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

ladychief231
on 11/26/08 7:30 pm - Douglassville, PA
Good Morning Trish and PA,

Happy Thanksgiving. I give thanks today to all the public servants working today and for all of the abundance and love I have in my life.

Today I will go to the gym this morning then to dinner at my sister-in-laws house. After that I'm off to the Eagles game. Yea! Should be cold but fun.

Have a good day everyone.

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

Laureen S.
on 11/26/08 9:52 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Teresa,

Just had to say. . .You look terrific!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

shoutjoy
on 11/26/08 7:44 pm, edited 11/26/08 7:45 pm - Culpeper, VA
Happy Gobble Day!

I will be cleaning the house in anticipation of the family coming in today.  It is the calm before the storm lol.

Do any of you know how to add a signature line?

Paula
Patricia R.
on 11/26/08 8:19 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Paula,
On the left of your screen there should be a link that says "User Settings."  That is where you can add a signature line.

Happy Turkey Day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bcutekitty
on 11/26/08 9:27 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA &Trish
Happy Thanksgiving,today we are going to my sisters in New Jersey,this is my first year without having my daughter with me she is at her dads it is very hard but gave her up today so i can have her xmas eve and half of xmas day but it is still hard,trying to get moving but fighting a cold have 2wks till PS so need to get rid of it,just wanted to wish everybody a safe and happy holiday,iam so thankful for my new family here on OH!

Patricia R.
on 11/26/08 9:41 pm - Perry, MI
I remember my first holiday without one of my kids.  It was hard, but I was able to talk to her on the phone.  She moved to Michigan and now swaps holidays between here and her in-laws.

This year, all of my kids are not going to be here, for the first time.  I am just going to make the best of it, and enjoy the day anyway.  They would want to hear me happy on the phone.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

bcutekitty
on 11/26/08 9:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
she is 16yrs old i have had her every year and her father hasnt had her on Thanksgiving since she was 3 she wanted to go so as her mom i try to make her happy but having her on xmas means more to me but i will talk to her today and be cheerful
thanks Trish! 

Laureen S.
on 11/26/08 9:56 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Happy Thanksgiving from Florida!

Hi all, I've been a very busy bee lately and while I've looked in on you all a few times, haven't had the time to post much. . .

Wishing you all a safe trip to wherever this holiday takes you and hoping that you are surrounded by loving friends and family!

I've been up making my contribution to the dinner, chestnut stuffing and candied yams and I'm making 2 pumpkin pies, one of which I can partake of.  There will be 14 of us for dinner, including my daughter's b/f's brother and family, so it will be nice. 

I am very thankful for the life I have today, thankful to having had the opportunity to share this journey and all that you contribute to mine and one another's lives and I hope that I can continue to maintain a grateful heart no matter what life brings my way!

God Bless each and every one of you!

Prayers, positive thoughts and hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bubble273
on 11/26/08 10:06 pm - Levittown, PA
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!

Today has had me woken up by my son...I wanted to sleep in a little, which doesn't happen often.  Oh, well.  Then I already had to clean up his cereal spill mess!!  Thank the good Lord for hardwood floors...such easy clean-ups!!  I hope the rest of the day with my boy will be better.  Though, he's on my nerves already in two hours, I am very thankful that he is my son.  He is very special to me and I'm so glad that he's in my life.

I have to make the s/f pumpkin pie to take to my brother's and precook the yams, as I couldn't find the yams in juice and not in syrup.  So this will be a first for me, homemade candied yams.  Hopefully they turn out all right.

Then it's off to my brother's to celebrate today.  Also we'll be celebrating his birthday which was yesterday.  I told him he's catching up to me fast!!!  He turned 33.  I'll be 36 in February.  BOOOOOO with getting older.  At least I'm thinner now and can enjoy my "older" years.

Well, again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!  Be safe, be thankful, be loved and have fun!!!!

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views