crazy hungry

Shannon O.
on 11/26/08 3:49 am - Reading, PA
anyone else get crazy hungry at times? I was eating my lunch at 10am lol... and when you get crazy hungry like this what do you eat to help keep things under control...

Thanks!

dit657
on 11/26/08 3:54 am - Boothwyn, PA
This is the week I start PMSing and craving something like crazy - what fixes it for me is this:

1 packet sugar-free Swiss Miss; 1/2 packet Splenda; 1 tbs powdered creamer; 8 oz decaf HOT coffee.

Its sweet and filling and seems to take the cravings away. Unfortunately if you're craving salt its not going to help...

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 11/26/08 4:04 am - Reading, PA
I'm not craving... I'm hungry lol... Last night I could of eaten a whole roast I was so hungry lol...

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/08 4:05 am
yep!  PMS....forget about it!!!  No sense in fighting it.....

I try to stick to cheese, crackers, tomatoes (yeah...i have a thing for tomatoes these days...used to hate them!), fudgepops....
Shannon O.
on 11/26/08 4:19 am - Reading, PA
lol i have another 2.5 weeks till my next period...

Mary Benford
on 11/26/08 4:37 am - Emmaus, PA
Somethings I found really help me when I'm super hungry...

Celery, Raw Mushrooms, raw carrots...   really any raw veggies help.   if that doesn't help...   a can of tuna is super low in calories, and super high in protein.   actually so is shrimp.   you can eat a few ounces of shrimp for only about 90 calories, and it should fill you up and keep you "satistfied".

Are you getting enough water??    Sometimes if you're thirsty it also manifests itself as hunger...   just so you know!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Shannon O.
on 11/26/08 4:41 am - Reading, PA
water wise I go in more than my 64 ozs yesterday and the day before... so that isn't it... I will pack carrots and tuna salad (whihc is light mayo and cheese lol) for me on Friday to see if that helps... I also know that I got in my protein for the last few days... just can't figure this out lol...

But can you eat raw mushrooms lol... I never have or seen anyone else...

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/08 12:37 am
LOL Yep...you can eat raw mushrooms.  I prefer them cooked, but eat them raw in salads all the time. 

Carrots on the other hand...I won't eat them raw or cooked, even if they are wrapped in million dollar bills.....YUCK POOEY GROSS BLAH KA KA!!They taste like dirt (don't ask how I know what dirt tastes like)  Raw carrots make my teeth shiver!

Ok...I am being a bit over dramatic on the carrots LOL...I will eat a teeny wheeny bite if they are shreaded in a salad (and I can't get them all picked out) or in a potato salad....or, if they are cooked with tons of other things on them....but I cringe all the way. 

HG
Liz R.
on 11/26/08 4:45 am - Easton, PA
Shannon I get like this 1 or 2 days a month and it doesn't always coorelate with PMS. I try to stick to healthy things but sometimes it is pretzels. I try and keep fage and s/f hot cocoa in my desk / fridge at work for emergencies. I find that the more protein I eat on these days the better I Feel. I try and pack lunch meat rolled with cheese and/or veggies. Then it seems the next day I don't want to eat at all. I also find sometimes if I am getting constipated I eat more - guess the body is trying to "clear things out"

Hope it goes away quickly! Maybe your body is ready for Thanksgiving! lol

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Liz
Shannon O.
on 11/26/08 4:48 am - Reading, PA
glad someone else gets like this... just scared I will mess up by eating to much but I want to make sure I'm listening to my body when it tells me its hungry as well...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views