RIP...my cell phone

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/08 9:24 pm
Well, my cell phone decided to bite the dust over night.  It's dead...completely gone....ashes to ashes, dust to dust......  I am going to see if I can try the battery from my coworkers phone (we have the same phone) long enough to get all my info off of my phone....if not, its all lost.  Maybe it is just a crapped out battery, but I am not sure.  I had decided last night to order a phone on line, but now I need one pronto...today....its my main phone...I don't even know my home phone number and never give it out to anyone.  So, after work, I will be fighting the crowds at the Verizon store...I HATE going it here..its always a mad house. 

My laptop at home is about to crap out as well and I am waiting on HP to send me recovery disks so I can take it all the way back to the original settings.  At least I have my work computer to be able to check email for today. 

I am hating technology right now LOL

Thanks for all the input on cells/nagivation options yesterday...it was a big help.

HG
Mary Benford
on 11/25/08 10:05 pm - Emmaus, PA
Oh Heather LOL....    sounds like technology and you aren't agreeing much right now!!!    

Hopefully you'll be able to restore the laptop (if not, I can!!!)    and get a new cell phone very very soon.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

tammypa
on 11/25/08 10:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Heather,
The people at the Verizon store should be able to get the info off your phone and on to the new phone. They usually look like they are 12 (I know they are really probably at least 14) and they
love phones and know everything about them.
Sorry to hear the technology is messing with you.
I know it is supposed to make life easier, but sometimes you wish for the old days
Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving,
Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/08 10:37 pm
Heather

I hope things go smoothly for you at Verizon and you gte your information off your phone these days the tekkies at those stores can do amazing things. Good Luck with your lap top as well....
oobiebus
on 11/27/08 5:26 am - pottstown, PA
Heather I know what your going thru,Over the summer i thought i was hot enough by basking in my lounge chair one sunday afternoon and decided to take a dip in the pool,OH NO

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Pam Hart
on 11/27/08 9:12 am - Easton, PA
Heather...

Yea, I feel that way too.  Part of me says well...the only way I would have lost those phone numbers is if my little address book went up in flames.  It wouldn't just "disappear" before my very eyes in a quick second.

Hope you did ok.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/08 12:11 pm

Drama over LOL....I got a new phone last night. Better yet, I got it for about 1/6th of the original price....gotta love rebates, sales and upgrade discounts.   I decided on the LG Voyager....pretty cool little things...lots of bells and whistles that I will end up not using, but I got all the extras for free until the end of January, so I will check them out and decide on what I want to keep. I already know that the internet access sucks monkey butt   Going from a 17 inch screen (or whatever size it is) to a snippet about the size of a cracker, just doesnt cut it. And it is WAY slow, plus it eats up the battery faster than my dog eats his dinner.  The cable TV access is awesome...but really, a huge waste of money....really, who needs to have TV on their cell phone (unless you travel all the time and sit in airports for hours on end, but then, it's still only available in certain areas of the country). Last night I was watching Jay Leno on the tv and Dave letterman on the phone...thats rediculous LOL.   I havent figured out if I like the nagivator yet or not...I am so used to having the hard copy in my hands...either a map or hand written directions...that it is weird to be so "vulnerable" and trusting of a phone with a voice coming out of it telling me what to do. It will be nice to have in a pinch and only have to pay per use.  I do love having the email access...so for $5.00 a month, i may keep that.  The QWERTY keyboard is great!  Also, after the sales guy checked...I all of a sudden became eligible for a free car charger (it came with the wall charger) and memory cards....which I can use to transfer data i guess.  I also got a discount on the touch screen protector and the phone cover (I have a habit of knocking my cell phone around, so I like the extra protection the soft cover offers.) 

Certainly not money I wanted to be putting out right now, but a necessity.  I really don't like being without a cell phone...especially if I am out on the roads alone at night. 

So, if you are looking for a new cell phone, the Voyager is worth looking at...they are on sale through monday I believe (through Verizon). 

HG

HopefulFuture
on 11/29/08 7:45 am - Boston, MA
Hey Heather!

Glad you are liking your new phone :)  Were you able to get all your contacts off of your old phone?  Verizon has a feature called Backup Assistant that you can subscribe to for a couple of dollars a month.  It automatically backs up your entire address book daily (at a time of your choosing) and if you ever lose your phone or your phone dies, your contacts will be saved on the Verizon server.  Just something to consider ;)

Lisa :)  

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 12:24 pm
I was able to get all of my contacts and they gave me some kind of teeny tiny disk like things that i stuck into my old cell and was able to save me pics and videos to and then I was able to transfer them not only to my phone, but also to my computer...cool! LOL 

I have tried the navigator a few times...I didn't go the way it told me to go and I swear it laughed at me!!!  He said "get back on _____ Road" and I would bet money that there was a laugh in his voice....like he was saying "silly girl!!" LOL
HopefulFuture
on 11/30/08 1:55 am - Boston, MA
Awesome about the teeny tiny disk like thing that they gave you!  I have no idea what it is, but it sounds cool :) 

And TOO funny about the navigator laughing, Heather!!

Enjoy your new phone!!!

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views