***Thanksgiving EVE ROLL CALL***

Pam Hart
on 11/25/08 6:15 pm, edited 11/25/08 6:22 pm - Easton, PA
So the day before Christmas is Christmas Eve...so shouldn't this be Thanksgiving eve?

For many of you today is your last day of work for the week!  Whoo hoo!!  Some, it's still another work week including tomorrow.  I know that feeling well (although this year I do actually have off on the holiday) and others get tomorrow off and have to be to work on Friday (myself included)

Today has me going to work.  I am hoping to be home before 4pm.  Then I need to pack some stuff up for hubby and I.  We need to do some quick housekeeping things such as cleaning up the litter boxes and putting extra food out for the "boys" and things like that.

We haven't decided if we are eating dinner here, on the road, or at my parents house.  It depends on how the day goes when I get home from work.

Then it will be off to jersey to see our friends and family for the holiday.  We'll be at my parents house this evening...I am going to my old hospital after 11pm to see all my friends who are working....and then in the late morning early afternoon tomorrow it will be going to my grandmothers house for the holiday celebration.

If I don't get online (which I probably WILL be on....but just in case)  I am thankful for this site, for all the support I have gained, and all the friendships I truly treasure with all of you.  Thank you for the always great advice, shoulder to lean on, and ear to listen to. 

Have a great Wednesday and holiday all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jojobear98
on 11/25/08 6:57 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I have been MIA lately. Been busy and tired! Today has me at work till 3:30, then home to cook some things for Dinner at my grandma's tomorrow. Nothing too exciting.

I hope everyone has a great day.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Patricia R.
on 11/25/08 7:26 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Pam and Everyone,
I heard the word "Snow" on the weather just now.  Ugh!  I am not a great fan of that white stuff just now. 

Anywho, I took my Flexeril last night and it did not make me as tired as I thought it would, which is a good thing.  But it did ease the pain enough that I could rest.  I am grateful for that.  Soooooo, I am heading to work today, and going to take it easy.  Nothing exciting.  After work, my sister asked me to go shopping for her.  Her work signs up to shop for kids for the Salvation Army, and she needs my expertise on teen clothes.  I will be asking my girls about styles and getting their advice on what is hot and what is not.  She is shopping for a 14 year old girl, and buying her an outfit and scarf and gloves.  Should be fun...shopping with someone else's money is always fun.  $$$ 

Tomorrow will have me cleaning.  Then, we are going out to eat, in Upper Black Eddy to a restaurant on the river.  Most of the family wants to do something different since we are missing both of my brothers this holiday. 

Have a great day.  Stay warm.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bcutekitty
on 11/25/08 8:00 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Pam and Pa
iam heading to work but last day iam off tomorrow and friday iam going to my sisters for the holiday and relaxing lol i think i might head out on black friday with my mom i have nothing to buy since iam all done my xmas shopping but have to be at St Marys for my PATS at 8:10 so i might as well help my mom out then she will go with me to my pats
Have a great turkey day everybody!

Liz R.
on 11/25/08 8:07 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!

I second the motion for this to be Thanksgiving Eve!

I am hoping to get out of work early today, boss said more then likely around 2 - he is leaving at noon. We are off tomorrow and friday - YAY!

I am VERY thankful for having all of you in my life - you all hold a very special place in my heart - love you all! I am also thankful that my Mom is now cancer free and for the difference that WLS has brought to my life. I haev many many things to be thankful for this year, as well Chris and I purchased our first home.

After work today I need to stop at the dollar store for a few things then home to make my pies and prep whatever I can for tomorrow. Have to get the turkey in the brine, bake pies and the cheese cake, and straighten up the house.

I will be online throughout the day today but not after I leave later - so everyone have a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Travel safely to wherever you are going and may the black friday deals be pleniful if you are venturing out!

Friday I will be headed up state to Susquehanna to celebrate Christmas (I know - early! lol) with my Dad's family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Liz
Arlene E.
on 11/25/08 8:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning 

I am running out to supermarket for some last minute stuff.  I found a no sugar added recipe for ice cream cake and am going to try it.  Then off to the gym for lots of pre holiday exercise.

As I think about giving Thanks, you are all on the top of my list!!!  I have a new life, with so many new, wonderful friends to share it with.  Happy Thanksgiving to All of You.  

Arlene 

shoutjoy
on 11/25/08 8:45 pm - Culpeper, VA
We are experiencing a winter wonderland out there.  Just gorgeous!  Today is cleaning the house and getting the office changed into a bedroom of sorts.  We have family traveling today and tomorrow.  Planning a late Thanksgiving dinner in the hopes everyone arrives ok.  Not the best area to be traveling to this time of year, but sometimes you can't say anything right. 

Paula
bubble273
on 11/25/08 9:11 pm - Levittown, PA
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!!

Well, as I eat my oatmeal right now, the plan is to drop Connor off at school and then head downtown to pick up my paycheck.  Then I'm heading to the bank to deposit it.  Then I'm thinking of heading to Macy's.  When I went into work last night they put a bunch of stuff on the clearance racks that I had been checking out for the past week.  So I was excited about that.  I wanted to get this one sweater and I wound up selling it to a woman.  The store said we had one more large, so I'm on a mission to find it!!!

Then I will head to pick Connor back up from school.  He only has half a day and then doesn't go back to school until next Tuesday.  OH JOY!!!!  Just kidding.  I'll find him something to do so he doesn't drive me CRAZY!!!

I do have to head to the supermarket today to pick up a few items for tomorrow's dinner.  We're chipping in at my brother's with all the ingredients.  And that's about it.  I will head to my brother's tomorrow for Thanksgiving and then on Black Friday it's to Macy's I go at 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to deal with all the crazies shopping!!  Should be interesting.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

Karen

dit657
on 11/25/08 9:41 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I like that!! And yes, I'd like to second Pam's words in that I am so thankful for having found this site and all of you wonderful people - I'm grateful that I've been able to meet a lot of you in person and even those I haven't its almost as if I know you. Thank you for all of the fabulous support along the way and for keeping me strong through tough times.

I'm at work - hoping we close at 3:00 but that's up to the boss's discretion - we'll see. I have to make a quick stop on the way home for milk and that's it - everything else is bought and ready to go for tomorrows feast.

I'm actually looking forward to NOT being able to stuff myself silly this year - I have my plan in place and will stick to it.

If you're traveling be safe along the way -- if you're cooking may your turkey be moist and all of your desserts sugar-free!

Happy Thanksgiving - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 11/26/08 12:47 am - Lancaster, PA
I am working a double today. I hear it will snow which will suck on my drive home at 12:30 am.
Plus all the drunk Tgiving Eve partiers will be on the road. Pray for me LOL

So I am just at work. Fighting a cold. and trynig not to eat all day which is what I normally do during a double.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views