What's on your menu this year???

Mary Benford
on 11/25/08 5:38 pm, edited 11/26/08 2:02 am - Emmaus, PA
 I'm so excited to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year, and after searching for a very very long time for a TON of recipes, here's our Thanksgiving menu...   completely WLS friendly!

I'm making mulled wine and s/f Eggnog to sip off all day...

Spiced nuts for everyone to snack off of while waiting for dinner to be ready

Dinner:

Turkey
Gravy
Stuffing
Baked Corn
Greenbean Casserole
Coleslaw
Rolls
s/f Fluffy Cranberry Salad (from the B.E. website)
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes
S/F apple cider applesauce
S/f cornbread

Dessert:

S/f apple walnut muffins
no sugar added apple pie
s/f pecan pie
s/f pumpkin pie

I love cooking and can't wait to have our entire families here!   I hope everyone has a safe, and happy Thanksgiving.   Remember, although it's a HUGE food holiday, it's not about the food.   It's about spending time with the ones you love...   being thankful for the new lives we've been given.  Take the time to enjoy those around you <3

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Pam Hart
on 11/25/08 5:53 pm - Easton, PA
Mary,

Sounds like a great menu.  Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you, Norm, and your whole family!  I actually wanted to cook and have Thanksgiving at our new place this year - but I didn't know my work schedule and couldn't plan it well so my grandmother is hosting it this year.  I honestly don't know what is on the menu - I doubt there will be anything sf for dessert - but if I have time I might whip something up to bring with us.

And you are right - it's not all about the food - it's about the family and all we have to be thankful for this year which is so much!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 11/25/08 8:00 pm - Easton, PA
Happy Thaknsgiving to You Norm, and your families as well! WE sure do have a lot to be thankful for!!

I am hosting as well and here is our menu

Appetizers
Brie with cranberries
crab stuffed mushrooms
antipasta salad
shrimp

Dinner
Turkey
Stuffing
mashed potatoes
gravy
sweet potato pie
rolls
corn
acorn squash
cranberry relish

Dessert
s/f pumpkin pie
s/f pecan pie
s/f pumpkin cheesecake
s/f apple pie

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Liz
bubble273
on 11/25/08 9:02 pm - Levittown, PA
I'm so glad I'm eating my breakfast right now, or I would probably be trying to eat the words off the screen of everybody's menu!!!  YUM-O!!!

I'm going to my brother's and I was going to make s/f sweet potatoes, but the diabetisweet hasn't aririved yet.  So maybe there's hope of arrival today.  And I'm making Shauna's recipe for the s/f pumpkin pie that was soooooooooo delicious.  I made it already and it turned out yummy.  So thanks, Shauna!!

As far as eating this year, it will definitely be more than last year, because this time last year I was on soft foods.  So I got to eat some mashed potatoes and I think I had a few bites of turkey.  So I'm looking forward to being able to eat more, but also looking forward to it because I know when enough is enough and that is the best feeling in the world.  It's the best feeling also because I would have eaten myself to uncomfortableness and now I can be satisified with just a bit of food!!!  WOOOOOOHOOOOOO, go us!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving everybody!!!

Karen

dit657
on 11/25/08 9:36 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Thanksgiving is at my house this year - Hubby, mother, me, nephew and his friend, step-nephew and his little boy, and one of my step-daughters. 8 in all. Our menu will be:

Turkey
Spiral Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Baked Corn (made w/Splenda)
SF Cranberry Salad (homemade) and regular Cranberry Sauce
Hot lettuce salad
Gravy
Rolls
Cherry Pie
Pumpkin Pie
SF Apple Pie (I'm making that)
SF Pumpkin Custard (I think Mary posted that recipe?)
Regular and SF Ice Cream

Wow, now that its all written down it looks like a lot! I'm not putting a lot of junk out before dinner, either - most of our guests aren't getting to the house til about 2:00, and dinner is at 3:00. My plan for myself is to eat a small amt of the things that I can, and maybe eat again later so I don't push my pouch and end up miserable.

My table is all set and tonight I'll make my pie and the pumpkin custard, dice up the onions and celery for the stuffing (Mom makes that), and vacuum. The house is almost all decorated for Christmas so we'll start that holiday season a little early - gives me a chance to use my Xmas dishes more often.

I wish you all a wonderful, satisfying, sugar free holiday with friends and family - relax and enjoy the day!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/08 1:39 am

Wow...I am trying to decide which on of you I want to drop in on tomorrow LOL...it all sounds great!!

My mom is hosting...so I know we will have turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce......She asked me to make a hot broccoli/cheddar dip.  I don't think it will be a very low fat/low sugar kind of day, so I will have to be very careful!!

Enjoy the time with your families!

HG

HopefulFuture
on 11/29/08 7:29 am - Boston, MA
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Mary!  Your menu sounds great and I hope you had a wonderful time hosting.  I'm sure the families had a terrific time!!!

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views