Different kind of wow!

tanya72100
on 11/25/08 12:12 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
I drove to harrisburg to pick up kelley last night!!!

He hasnt seen me since a few days after surgery!! He walked out of the terminal and just smiled. I walked up to him and he put his arms around me. He told me that I looked amazing and that he was so proud of me. It felt good. Kelley knows how hard ive struggled with my weight for years andhas always been supportive no matter what. He was most concerned of everyone when i made the choice to have WLS.

We were driving home talking about how great he though i looked and that my legs are so tiny and he thought my butt looked great in the jeans i had on!! lol

I said it has been weird. I was comfortable around him always but going to pick him up this time i was so nervous like we were meeting for the first time again. He pulled me close to him and told me it didnt matter to him what I looked like. he has been attracted to me since day one.

It was a new and different way of thinking for me. People always say it is what on the inside that matters most. You think thats a cop out when your "fluffy" But now.. i realize he never looked at me as an overweight person. Only me.. Me for me.

I cried at the realization this morning. And I truly LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!

oobiebus
on 11/25/08 12:21 am - pottstown, PA
I know what ya mean sweety,My hubby is the same way,He tells me everyday that he loves me wether i am skinny or not,My ex hubby never gave compliments and now my new hubby is always giving them and its hard to react sometimes,Yes i eat it up sometimes but other times i cant get it when he says i look sexy!,,I am so happy for you! Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

dit657
on 11/25/08 1:57 am - Boothwyn, PA
That's a pretty special wow moment if you ask me - cheri**** always...

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 11/25/08 2:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
That was such a wonderful post.
You made me teary eyed - sounds like you have a great guy.
Tammy 
FlourPower
on 11/25/08 3:37 am - PA
What a GREAT GUY!!  Enjoy your time together. 

Chrissy

[

tracyb330
on 11/25/08 3:48 am - Temple, PA
Hey Tanya,
That is great! I'm so happy for you. Joe is like that too. It's nice to have men like that. Enjoy your time together and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Pam Hart
on 11/25/08 7:21 am - Easton, PA
I can relate so much to your post.  Hubby was there with me for my surgery and we lived together so saw each other daily.  My biggest fear was actually that he wouldn't love me if I wasn't fluffy.  I talked to him at length about that.  And then the boobs started sagging...and my stomach started sagging...and truth be told...although dressed I look awesome...naked I feel very awkward.  I brought that to his attention as well.  And he said to me the same thing he said to me when i discussed having the surgery in the first place  "I married you when you were heavy....I supported your diets including atkins and everything else....I love you for the woman you are, not what you look like"  of course....he recently saw my pre op picture and although stunned and complimented me....he did have to throw in the "I liked your boobs better in the pre op one" just to be a typical man

So anyway...enough of my rambling...good for you for looking so awesome and feeling so great and having such a strong man by your side!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 11/29/08 6:53 am - Boston, MA
What a beautiful post Tanya!  And what a very special WOW moment.  Kelley sounds really wonderful :) 

Lisa :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views