Newbie here!

Kelly K.
on 11/24/08 9:44 pm - Conneaut, OH
Hi everyone!

I'm new here.  My name is Kelly.  I am 36 yrs old.  Im 5'8 and weigh 255 pounds.  I've begun the work-up for RNY surgery.  I've been to 4 of 6 Dr appts-I have to go to 6 with my insurance. I've got type 2 diabetes, pre-hypertension and high cholesterol.

I'm actually from NE Ohio but since I live (and work) so close to Erie, PA, I'm posting in this forum.  I will also be having my surgery in Erie, PA when I get approval.

I'm hoping for surgery in March.  My appt with the bariatric surgeon is on Jan 8, 2009.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!
MikeB
on 11/24/08 11:20 pm - Pottstown, PA
Welcome Kelly you are in the right place.. You will find that there a alot of nice people here with alot of good advice and information. 

Mike
oobiebus
on 11/25/08 12:27 am - pottstown, PA
Welcome Kelly!  Best of luck to you on your journey! Post away everyone here is great!Hugs trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Kayla B.
on 11/25/08 12:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kelly,
I'm a newbie also!  I'm 39 yo and have one more test left (cardiac).  I've been already approved by the insur co and scheduled for my nutrition class and pre-admission testing on12/19,  surgery date 1/8/09.  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  I'm having the laparoscopic RNY surgery at HUP.
Kayla

GD_007
on 11/25/08 9:15 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Welcome to you too!
-GD
Nicole0216
on 11/25/08 2:34 am - Lancaster, PA
welcome good luck on your journey
Monica N.
on 11/25/08 3:17 am - PA
Welcome Kelly! I grew up in the Erie area, (Waterford, to be exact...Go Bisons!) but now I live in Pittsburgh. There are lots of great people on this board to cheer you on through the good times help you through the rough patches!

235/214/196/163/125
All time high/Start of 6 month diet/Day of surgery/Current Weight/Goal
Pam Hart
on 11/25/08 7:27 am - Easton, PA
Based on your name I assume you are a BSN?  Welcome!

I'm 27 and had surgery just over a year ago - also RNY  At the time I was from jersey but surgery was in pa so I posted here instead...and am so glad I did - everyone here is so very awesome.  And, I have since relocated to pa so it's even better I knew them!

I'm an RN in the ER and I can't tell you what kind of difference the surgery makes in my work day. I was 5'3 and 235 at my high weight.  I'm still 5'3 of course...but I'm now down to anywhere between 126 and 130 and feel wonderful.  Apparantly it wasn't my stethoscope that was making my back hurt at work around my neck...it may have been the 100+ pounds on me cause I can wear my equipment all day and run around like a crazy person and still have tons of energy left at the end of a shift.

Ask anything that comes to mind - everyone here is so warm and friendly and full of info!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 11/25/08 9:15 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Welcome!
-GD
pilotadelcielo
on 11/26/08 9:59 am - PA
Hi Kelly,
Welcome!  I live in the Erie area.  This is a great site, non judgemental, very friendly and supportive.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery.
Blessings,
Ron
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views