Riccota Cheese ideas

tracyb330
on 11/23/08 10:49 pm - Temple, PA
I just bought some low fat riccota chees and tried it Pam's way. (splenda and cinnamon). LOVED IT. Does anyone else have any dessert type recipes using riccota? I didn't know I would like it that way but I do and it's protein.

Thanks.
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Liz R.
on 11/23/08 11:06 pm - Easton, PA
it is yummy! Any flavored extract and some splenda is good too - I like almond and maple the best. You can also do it savory and add spaghetti sauce and a bit of mozzarella and microwave for a few seconds. I have also heard of people adding jello crystals or  crystal light.

Enjoy!

Liz
levittown_loser
on 11/23/08 11:07 pm - Levittown, PA
Fabulous Ricotta Fluff

1 large container of ricotta cheese
1 box  SF jello instant cheesecake pudding
dollop or two of sour cream (to taste)
A little bit of milk to lighten it up (about a cup-add last and gradually)

Mix it all up and enjoy however you want it.  I love it with strawberries!  It's a great fruit dip or just eating straight out of the bowl. 

Variation for fluff:  Do whatever flavor of pudding you like and add a little milk to get the texture you like.

Butterscotch pudding is really good too.  Add splenda if you like sweet!

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/08 1:10 am
I recently googles pumpkin/ricotta recipes....Haven't made any yet, but sound good.  Simple from what I remember....pumpkin, ricotta, coolwhip, splenda, cinnamin....one had a box of sf pudding mix too.  I am going to try it out soon.

HG
Pam Hart
on 11/24/08 6:45 am - Easton, PA
It's good stuff, no?  Glad you liked it.  For a real indulgence I'll add a dollop of sf coolwhip on top.

I also ate it Liz's way often and heated it up with a small amount of spaghetti sauce, shredded mozz, and a sprinkle of garlic powder for a noodless lasagna like taste.

I know Mary Ivins posted a recipie about ricotta and pumpkin which sounded pretty good - but I don't know it off the top of my head.

Experiment with it and see what you come up with!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
deebatt
on 11/24/08 9:55 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
check the south beach recipies

i mix up low fat ricotta,  splenda, powdered cocoa and  a splash of almond flavoring.  yuumm,,
~ Denise 

MsDeniseinPA
on 11/24/08 9:59 am - PA
these sound yummy!

ellie443
on 11/24/08 8:54 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
One of my very favorite recipes is to make sf chocolate pudding with skim milk and add a cup of riccota cheese to it.

I also like to eat it  this way, half a cup of the cheese, 1 tlbs of coco powder and 1 splenda packet, mix well and enjoy.

My favorite law fat sugar free 'cheesecake' is a half cup of ricotta, grated lemon rind and a packet of slependa.  Mix well and enjoy.

I have a few more and will post them when i find them

Hope you like these

ellen
Pam Hart
on 11/25/08 8:45 am - Easton, PA
I hadn't thought of the coco powder and splenda idea....but you might see it on my menu in the very near future!  Sounds Yum-O

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/25/08 10:10 am
I use fat free ricotta or fat free cottage cheese to make protein pancakes.  I also use f/f ricotta to make salmon mousse (sort of like smoked salmon spread) using canned pink salmon and a little fat free cream cheese.  You can add small amount of f/f ricotta to your protein shakes to thicken them up.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views