Penn State proud

Shan08
on 11/23/08 4:36 am - the Skook, PA

So I went to the Penn State game yesterday... tailgated, roamed around downtown, headed over to the stadium... and although I was freezing, I DID GOOD!  See, I went to a game last year and I remember feeling so awful even trying to walk over to the stadium, and then to our seats.  I had to take frequent breaks while walking.  My hips & lower back hurt, and I was all winded.  Well, this year I walked everywhere, and was fine :)  I'm quite proud of myself.

Of course, I'm also happy PSU is headed to the Rose Bowl babyyyy.

National Championship would've been nice, but.... yea, we all know what happened there, lol.

Just wanted to share.  Thanks for reading :)

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Patricia R.
on 11/23/08 4:52 am - Perry, MI
I have always wanted to go to a Penn State game.  Unfortunately, I did not attend PSU, nor did any of my kids.  I do watch them faithfully, and yesterday's game was awesome.

My daughter got her Masters at Michigan State, but is torn when they play Penn State, due to her roots here in PA.  She lives 20 minutes from MSU's campus. 

I am so thrilled that the Lions are heading to the Rose Bowl. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/08 11:21 am
I got my Master's degree at Penn State, but I have never been to a game or even to main campus.  But, I am still a fan!!  Go Penn State!   

I am glad you had a great time.  Congrats on the wows!!

HG
Shan08
on 11/23/08 9:35 pm - the Skook, PA

That's cool, what campus did you attend?
I'm an alumni too :)

Aw, & I can imagine your kiddo was torn!  There was a group of MSU students (very drunk) making fun of JoePa (all around the Paterno statue outside of the stadium).  And then while waiting in the line at the gate, another group of drunken MSU students were so disrespectful again.  I sure hope the final score sobered them up some ;o) 

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/08 9:38 pm
Great Valley in the Malvern area.  I graduated in Dec of 1997.
HopefulFuture
on 11/29/08 5:20 am - Boston, MA
Congratulations on walking around everywhere...and feeling fine while doing it!  That is a really great accomplishment!!

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views