SO many WOWs it's crazy

GD_007
on 11/22/08 5:12 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Greetings from the Great White North!!  We all made it safe and sound to the frozen tundra of Canada, our homeland.

I am pleased to report that on both planes I did *not* need a seat belt extender and I had room to spare!  I used the baby bjorn while in the airport (a previous WOW) and even though we missed our connection had a blast in the MSP airport. 

Once we made it to my folks place we're borrowing my old car and installed a babyseat in the middle back row.  I am able to sit in the back seat, with the car seat installed!!

As can be expected - a lot of family members eyes are buldging out when they see me   and, of course, are very happy to see i'm losing weight.  Not *all* family knows (aunts, uncles, etc)...

We're having a good time.  Wife gave me permission to go out with a good buddy.  So I got together with a very good friend last night and saw Quantum of Solace.  We then stayed out till about 3am  .  Being one of my good buddies I *did* tell him about my GBP RNY.  As I expected, he was very supportive and asked a lot of very good and inquisitive questions.  He finds the procedure fasanating and applaudes all of us!  He is about my goal weight - 170s.

Don't know if I'll have much time to post and such.

See you all later and have a great holiday.

-GD
GD_007
on 11/22/08 5:14 am - Drexel Hill, PA
p.s.:  Baby is doing MUCH better than a few days ago.  She was a little fussy when we arrived but hell - she was travelling since about 5AM.  She's getting spoiled by sleeping in the bed with us and, of course, all the grandparents and extended family are gushing over her.
Shannon O.
on 11/22/08 7:04 am - Reading, PA
Those are great wows... and what did you think of the new bond movie???

GD_007
on 11/22/08 11:27 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Shannon!  I liked the movie.
-GD
Pam Hart
on 11/22/08 9:06 am - Easton, PA
Welcome home I guess!  Glad to hear your traveling went well and that the baby is doing better.  Hope you are able to keep warm up there!!

Have a wonderful time!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 11/22/08 11:27 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Pam!  It's darn cold up here, that's for sure.
Later,
-GD
keri2008
on 11/22/08 9:19 am - PA
What great wows!  And family related to boot (kind of an oxymoron - LOL).  Stay warm and keep enjoying the down time!

Keri
GD_007
on 11/22/08 11:28 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Keri!  Have a great holiday.
-GD
cleos_mom
on 11/22/08 8:31 pm - phila., PA
glad to hear you are havig a great time. but what were you doing out until 3 a.m., I am sure the movie was over earlier?

I sound like a wife don't I?

HAVE FUN
Susan
GD_007
on 11/22/08 11:29 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
HAHAHAHA - yes, it was over around midnight.  Since everyone was sleeping noone missed us guys.

Have a great holiday!
-GD
p.s: I'd like to come to the pre-op meeting in Dec with you.  Just let me know the date and I'll plan to be there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views