Sugar Free Brownies

Pam Hart
on 11/22/08 8:59 am - Easton, PA
This is one of the recipies I tried....it doesn't work well, but thanks!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 11/22/08 7:02 am - Reading, PA

http://www.recipezaar.com/Sugar-Free-Brownies-7782

Chocolatey brownies with no sugar or milk. If desired, top these off with a bit of ultra low fat cool whip or give Sugar Free Cake Frosting #112517 a try. Note that although these are sugarfree, they are not low carb.

SERVES 36 (change servings and units)

Ingredients

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Spray a 9 x 13 rectangular pan with cooking spray.
  3. Sift the flour, cocoa, splenda, cornstarch and baking powder together in a bowl and mix to throughly combine.
  4. Add the oil, water and eggs and mix on a slow speed until combined.
  5. Beat with an electric mixer on high for 3-4 minutes until creamy.
  6. Spread evenly in pan and bake 25 minutes.

Pam Hart
on 11/22/08 9:02 am - Easton, PA
Ooohh this one sounds good...I might give it a try right now!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 11/22/08 12:10 pm - Easton, PA
I ended up making this one tonight.

They were not outrageously delicious.  HOWEVER it was by far the best batch I have made thus far.  I may end up tweaking it a little bit.  Thanks so much Shannon!  They were very helpful!

Pam
Shannon O.
on 11/22/08 12:14 pm - Reading, PA
what was it lacking? I'm wondering if you can take some of the water out and use a SF chocolate syrup like davinci in place of it...

Pam Hart
on 11/22/08 12:23 pm - Easton, PA
The chocolate flavor was good...but had an odd aftertaste...not a splenda aftertaste...something I couldn't put my finger on.  The texture was just a tiny bit off.  The davinci syrup is a great idea...and I'm also thinking of adding some semi sweet chips or something like that to it - I don't put nuts in my brownies (I'm weird, I know) so maybe the chips would give it some nice texture.

Pam
Shannon O.
on 11/22/08 12:27 pm - Reading, PA
hehehe

I have used the sugar free chocolate from hershey in baking and has come out great... so maybe as a special treat use the ones with the carmel inside and just toss the pieces into the brownies...

I tried one of egg faces nuke cakes and I had the same issue... strange taste... going to mess with it some and try it again... I think it needed some splenda or something to it... just tasted funky lol...

I also don't do nuts in brownies... I do cream cheese but not nuts... brownies to be gooey and messy... not chunky lol...

jackie j
on 11/22/08 12:02 pm - Glenmoore, PA
Here's one that sounds a bit weird but they are supposed to be dark, moist and fudgey, cakey brownies out of my Marlene Koch Splenda Book.   The funky ingredient is black beans. 

3/4 cup black beans, drained
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup splenda sugar blend
6 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons chopped walnuts (opt)

preheat to 325.  spray 8x8 with pam.  in small bowl combine cocoa, flour, and baking powder. set aside.  place beans and melted butter in food processor and puree until think paste then put in bowl and with wooden spoon beat in eggs, vanilla, and splenda blend until well mixed.  Add cocoa mixture and incorporate (don't overdo).  put in nuts if desired.  spoon into pan and bake 13-15 mins or until center just springs back (don't overdo).  Cool in pan. 

She claims she switched over to the beans as traditional brownie recipes don't work w/splenda.  As for me, I use DiabetiSweet for everything so I can't vouch for this recipe though it does seem that you will get the height and weight you'd want with beans as the thickener.  Good Luck and let me know how it goes.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Pam Hart
on 11/22/08 12:08 pm - Easton, PA
I had read this one today I believe (or at least another one that black beans were used in)  I am contemplating making it - and if I do will certainly let you guys know.

Thanks Jackie!

Pam
Michelle B.
on 11/24/08 12:52 am - Pennsauken, NJ
The Big Train brownie mix is awesome!!!!  I am addicted to this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views