****Saturday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 11/21/08 1:33 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am up late due to having spent the day on the couch.  I will be heading to bed in a few minutes, but wanted to start the Roll Call.

Saturday has me basically being a bum again, except for a quick errand I have to run to Abington to pick up something from a friend from work.  After that, I must get on this computer and enter my class' grades for report cards.  Other than that, some tidying and laying on the couch are on my agenda.

I hope everyone has a great day and that the weather is decent.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lauraanne715
on 11/21/08 7:12 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning!!

Well today I am up at the crack of dawn because I can not sleep anymore...now if it were a workday I would be able to sleep till noon!!! LOL  I am actually watching my cat Popeye go into my dog's crate and eat his food....Popeye thinks he is stealthy as a  cat but really he is a big clutz and now the puppy is running after him....oh the joys of being a pet parent!!! LOL

This past week was hectic but I did have some wow moments I wanted to share--one of my co workers said I looked "thin as a rail"  HA HA!!! I don't but it was nice to hear!!!  Another person told me I was looking "Hot" also a LOL because I never would think of myself as hot...and perhaps my biggest wow this week came when we went to a meeting one night and I was sitting at the table and looked down and realized I had crossed my legs...I haven't been able to do that in FOREVER!!!!!  So that was nice !!! Hee-Hee!!! Oh And I was able to get on my jeans and zip them up!! Size 14!!! Woo hoo Baby!! That was also a nice moment this week!!

As for today we are taking a ride to Montgomery County to look at some houses and get an idea of where we would like to live...it is time to move out of the city.  I no longer enjoy living here and would like to live in a quiet "country" area where I could be involved more in the community and really settle in....so that is my intention today.  Then tonight it is off to see my 14 year old cousin in her first lead in a high school play "Arsenic and Old Lace" so that should be fun!!!

As for the mundane later on tonight it will be laundry and some reading!!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Pam Hart
on 11/21/08 9:13 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Trish!!

Today is kind of up in the air.  I was looking forward to heading out to a girlfriends house today - she gets off of work at noon and I was gonna head up there about that time.  However,the evil empire (my in laws) have made mention that they now want to come up for a visit.  Their plans change by the hour - so I have to wait to find out if that will actually happen or not.  If it does - I need to be here.  And I can't complain to much as we have been getting along a bit better these days - but I am disappointed about not being able to go to my GF house.  Theoretically I could go and leave them to Brian - but I just don't feel comfortable doing that.

So - depending on who is coming up when depends on where I will be.  In the meantime...we need to get some vaccuuming done and what not.  I'm also desperately trying to find a sugar free brownie recipie to make.  I've made two batches (two different recipies) the past two nights and both have been a big old flop.  I wil keep looking and experimenting.

Hugs to all,
Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 11/21/08 9:38 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Saturday morning peeps!!!

I've woken up this morning with a headache.  And it's all my fault.  Had one too many to drink last night at my early office Christmas party and then hanging out with my cousin in King of Prussia.  So I've taken some Tylenol and I pray it goes away before I have to head to Macy's at 11:00.

So today I'll be at Macy's from 11:00 to 8:00.  A long day, but hopefully it will go fast.  Then I'll come home and get some transcribing done, as I have got to get these pages done for Monday.  Garry has Connor the whole weekend, so it's kind of good that I don't have to worry about taking care of him and I can worry about what I have to do.

Well, have a good one everyone!!!

Karen

Nubianlilly
on 11/21/08 9:47 pm - PA
What kind of transcribing do you do? is it like work from home stuff?

I just got up this mow, orning ans weather proofed the windows down stairs. Now I'm lookinng for something to do all day.  I don't have any plans for the WHOLE saturday... this s ucks HA HA HA. I think I need a break.  I went salsa dancing last night. It was fun... the only thing is, the next time I go, I want to bring a group and I need to convince some guys to go cause they needed more men last night.

Goodmorning everyone.  Let's see, what's for breakfast?

bubble273
on 11/21/08 10:31 pm - Levittown, PA
Angela,

I'm a court reporter.  I go and take depositions at lawyers' and doctors' offices around the city and suburbs of Philadelphia, sometimes I travel past our suburbs and go out to Lancaster or Reading, Harrisburg, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre and everywhere in between.  Then I have an office at home.  So when I'm done taking down the depositions, I come home and do the transcribing on my computer.

Karen

dit657
on 11/21/08 10:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi everybody - cold again today - brrrr. Will my body ever adjust to these frigid temps?

Today has me taking mom to get her hair done, and finishing up my holiday groceries. We went from 3 for dinner to 8., so it'll be a full table and a full house. At first I was a little annoyed because my sister's stepson called and invited himself and his little boy, but then my husband sat down with me and said its not worth being upset over - relax and enjoy the holiday - and know that we can share with others. So that's how i'm looking at it now.

We have 3 big weekends coming up - Thanksgiving, of course and xmas decorating the rest of the long weekend - the following weekend my bro will be here from Florida and his daughter and family are coming for the weekend - there will be 6 of them - and then the weekend after that we're hosting a family xmas party for my husband's side - 26 of them!! So I'm guessing by the weekend of the 20th we'll both be exhausted and drained and be ready for a quiet weekend alone.

My mom is going back to FLA w/my bro for about 10-12 days, so that'll be a nice little break for me and hubby.

That's my story for the day - hope everbody has a good one.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 11/21/08 11:02 pm - Perkasie, PA
Hi guys,

I just had my fage and now i am having my coffee....I went out and got a cup becuase I am still trying to figure out how to get my new Keurig maker to work. Got it last night at Costco and am stuck trying to get it to brew the prime cycle so I can actually brew coffee....lol.

Today I have to do my workout, and then work from 12-6, and next week I am scheduled 35 hours! That's the most I have had so far. I'm not gonna think about Black Friday.

My son is home for the weekend and trying my patience in his usual endearing ways, and my daughters are at their dads. I have assignments in both anatomy and art history classes that I'd like to get done today, and housework. I got some Robin Williams standup shows on DVD that I wanna watch.

Have a great day all!

:)

DianeMarie
on 11/22/08 12:11 am - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!Hi All!

I'm off today and am planning to be lazy and rest up for this coming week.  Working retail for the holidays suck.  Even though I have my own department to run I will be expected to stop what I'm doing and run up and cashier or bag or run customer service any time they need help.

I had my post surgical visit yesterday and I'm kinda disapointed I didnt get the go ahead for regular exercise.  They said I could walk but that's it.  They want me to try again on the puree'd food and eat as much as I want for the next four weeks.  Once they know what can fit in there they will adjust the band accordingly in 4 weeks.  Of course I dont want to go crazy with eating since I am enjoying the rapid weightloss.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Patricia R.
on 11/22/08 12:17 am - Perry, MI
Hi Diane,
I remember well working retail at the holidays.  I do not miss it at all.

Most people with RNY do not get the green light for regular exercise till after 6 weeks.  I am not sure what the norm is for lap band.  I do know that your return to work so soon is probably as much exercise as you need for now. 

Glad you are doing so well.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views