What have you done today to make you feel proud!!!

bubble273
on 11/20/08 6:16 am - Levittown, PA
Hi All,

If you watch Biggest Loser, you can basically sing the title of my post!!  Ever since I started watching Biggest Loser I have always loved the theme song.  And it would make me cry because I had done nothing to make myself feel proud.

But now every day that I wake up I feel proud to be alive and of all the things that I have accomplished.  And now I cry when I hear the theme song, not because I haven't done anything, but because I have done something. 

I'd like to post this every now and then to remind us to do something that makes us proud of our weight loss, whether it's exercising or getting the right amount of protein in or getting all of our fluids, or whether it's the support you feel you gave to someone on that day.  And maybe it doesn't even have to do with weight loss.  Like today I had to go downtown for a job and then stop by my office.  Well, while putting money in the meter I noticed a car that had expired time, so I decided to give them a quarter.  I guess it was a pay it forward kind of thing.  So if it makes you feel good and it makes you feel proud, then shout it out!!!

I'm such a dork sometimes .  But my dorkiness I guess is what gives me some of my personality!!  Have a great night everyone!!!

Karen

SPatel4
on 11/20/08 6:24 am - Levittown, PA
Karen,
You always pay it forward that is what makes you so special. I am blessed that I got to know you. You should be proud of yourself and I really meant it when I said last night. You have come a long way BABY!! You are a beautiful person inside and out. I also love the Bigges Loser but I feel so guilty when I watch it because I feel like I cheated by getting the surgery but in hindsight know that I know how to lose the weight I just don't know how to keep it off and this time I made a drastic and permanant change with my WLS. Talk to you soon:)

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

dawgpound215
on 11/20/08 6:28 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
ok so I'm not sure this counts exactly but I went into a work clothes store today looking for a thermal zip up hoody for cold days like this when u work all day outside. Anyways im looking at them and notice they are out of XL , theres 2,3,4, even a 5x . I see theres also a
M and a L . For ha-ha's I try on the L and it fit. A LARGE......NO X'S NEEDED...lol i was so shocked I had to buy it . I havent worn a size L in so long I couldnt tell you when the last time was. I have to say I was really proud of myself. ..........NOTE: please anyone reading this or posting after me , dont post any "good for you' or "congrats " stuff, I didnt write this here for that reason. I guess I posted it b/c i hope someone lurking or considering making WLS an option for them might take some hope for themselves too. Im not a sappy type so unneeded pats on the back just make me uncomfortable.....lol......I read alot of folks posts and wows etc and am encouraged and happy for them . Im just not the type to post congrats replys etc . ok now im getting longwinded, have to switch to de-caf soon.     -Patrick

ktreavis
on 11/20/08 8:04 am - PA

Last night I spoke to someone at the Barix meeting who I was able to encourage and even though she was apprehensive about being at the meeting I think she will come back again. It makes me proud to know I can affect someone else's life b/c of the choices I have made. Thanks for poting this Karen, sometimes I need to be reminded that I have things to be proud of.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 11/20/08 8:52 am - Easton, PA
This is a great post Karen.

Funny thing.....I am most proud of living like a "grown up" now.  We have a house that we actually want to have people over...I have a washing machine and dryer which I can do a few loads of laundry at a time as opposed to spending all day every 2 weeks doing wash...Brian and I are calling this our "big boy and big girl house" and am loving it.  I'm thankful I had the courage to change jobs and leave my old hospital which was the hardest decision I've had to make (hell - WLS was an easier choice!)

The self confidence I now have in myself to make those changes in order to get to where we are (still struggling but on a better path I might add) is in part due to the weight loss.  I'd like to say I was just as confident before hand - but truth is - I wasn't.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bethmal
on 11/20/08 9:29 am
RNY on 12/26/17
Tonight, I took my first self-defense class - something way out of my box but well worth it.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

KimZ
on 11/20/08 12:10 pm - PA
Dorkiness Allowed!!  Patrick - too late - KUDOS to you my friend for the "L".  It's a hell of a feeling isn't it??  Ok - so on to what did I do today that make me proud (not necessarily WL related  but here goes....)

Thursdays are "Cello Day" around our house.  My youngest plays Cello and its too big to bring on the bus - so he has to be driven.  It was so cold this morning and I really didnt want to leave the house - but had to - as I pulled down the street - I stopped at the bus stop and invited the 5 shivering boys into the truck.  I then made a quick couple of calls to their parents telling them that I was obsconding with their children.

Once all 6 of the boys (ages 7 - 11) were settled, I explained that we had an extra 20 minutes and that no one should have to go to school on such a cold day without hot chocolate.  I made a quick trip to starbucks and made sure everyone of them had a kids hot cocoa with whipped cream in hand before arriving at school.....the smile on their faces was priceless when they all got out of my truck with their starbucks cups.

Kim Z

HopefulFuture
on 11/20/08 12:58 pm - Boston, MA
What a great post Karen!  I absolutely love that you put a quarter in someone's expired meter -- you truly are a wonderful person, dorkiness and all ;)

Today I went running outside this morning even though it was really cold out and I also made my first set of turkey meatballs and beef meatballs [no Splenda tonight ;)] this evening and they actually came out pretty good.  Those are two things I did today to make me feel proud :)

Lisa :)
P.S.  I totally love the theme song too ;)

Pam Hart
on 11/20/08 6:22 pm - Easton, PA
Well aren't we becoming little miss kitchen?!!  Hey - were they two different recipies for meatballs or were they a turkey and beef combination?  I make a pork and beef combination meatball (based on my polish grandmothers recipe) so I was just wondering....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 11/21/08 12:41 am - Boston, MA
Hahahaha ;)  They were 2 different batches -- one for turkey meatballs and one for beef meatballs, but if I ever make them again, I think I'd combine them into one because I think it will help the turkey stick together a bit better (or at least that's what Adam told me ;))  Your pork and beef combination meatballs sound great!

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views