Shannon's Cream Cheese Cookies

Shannon O.
on 11/20/08 7:08 am - Reading, PA
Earlier this week I posted a link to BariatricEating.com and one of their recipes was for Cream Cheese Cookies... well I made a half batch and well they sucked... there wasn't any flavor to them at all but the Jelly. Well, this is my version of it. I also double the recipe because other wise I would forget about a half block of cream cheese lol...

8oz of cream cheese (one block)
2 sticks of butter- unsalted at room temp
2 cups of flour
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of almond extract
2 teaspoon of clear vanilla extract (it is sugar free unlike the dark ones)
1/4 cup of splenda
1 egg
1 jar of strawberry sugar free smuckers jelly

Cream butter, cream cheese, and splenda until fluffy, add egg. Then add in the extract, salt, and flour. wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours or over night.

Pre heat oven to 375. Dust work area with flour and cut the dough into quarters. Roll out one section at a time till about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter.

Place on a non stick cookie sheet (if you don't have one use foil and pam spray). Now stir up the jelly in the jar to loosen it up. place a 1/4 of a teaspoon of jelly on each cookie. Now you can fold it up like a pinched taco or leave it flat. I did part of them as tacos the others just flat. Bake for 10 to 15 mins (watch them at the end to see for your oven).

Once out of the oven you can a tiny bit of splenda on the top to add a little bit of sparkle/sweetness.

I tried 4 different sugar free jellys and the Smuckers one didn't seem to slide off the cookies as much. It stayed where it was placed. Plamers was the worse. Stawberry seemed the best tasting over Grape, Raspberry, and Orange. I also used some sprinkles on a few and they looked very Chrismtasy.

This made between 50 and 70 cookies depending on how thick you wanted them. THey also puff up really nice too, so you could make your own frosting if you liked for the topping if you wanted something else cookie wise.

Enjoy!

HopefulFuture
on 11/20/08 12:59 pm - Boston, MA
Thanks, Shannon!

Lisa :)

Shannon O.
on 11/21/08 1:29 am - Reading, PA
NP... I am going to try these again taking one scoop out of flour and replacing it with one scoop of flavored protein powder... the last time I did that in something else I baked it came out tough... right now it is flaky... and does have a tiny bit more protein from the egg hehehe and it does have cream cheese it (which is protein packed)... just want to make this a healthly special treat...

Monica N.
on 11/21/08 11:50 am - PA
Shannon- Comepletely off topic, but, WOW, you look great! (It's been several months since I have logged on!)
Keep up the good work!

235/214/196/163/125
All time high/Start of 6 month diet/Day of surgery/Current Weight/Goal
Shannon O.
on 11/21/08 2:51 pm - Reading, PA
Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views