With thanksgiving next week and all....

MsDeniseinPA
on 11/20/08 12:32 am - PA
I will be on my pre-op liquid diet...so my brother and SIL will be visiting from NY and we will be going to a buffet at the nursing home my father's at.  It saves me from cooking a huge meal that I can't eat.
bubble273
on 11/20/08 2:57 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Mary,

Well, as usual, I will head to my brother's for Thanksgiving.  Ever since my mom died, we have gone to my brother's.  I think I hosted one year back at my old house, but it's usually always at his.  We make all the trimmings; turkey, mashed potatoes, cannied yams that I'm going to make s/f this year, stuffing, veggies, green bean cassarole, rolls, homemade gravy from the juices of the turkey.  YUMMMMMMM!!! 

Last year I was on soft foods, so I was allowed to have mashed potatoes.  I don't remember eating anything else.  Maybe a little turkey too.  So this year I will be able to have everything, but still not have to fill my plate and eat two servings.  I'll have a tiny bit of each thing and be totally satisfied!!!!  YEAH ME!!!  I will also make the s/f pumpkin pie that Shauna and Jordan made at Liz's.  That was sooooooooooo yummy!!!

Karen

Liz R.
on 11/20/08 4:38 am - Easton, PA
LAdies - Your Mom's are still watching and I am sure ARE proud! I tell my husband this often, he lost his mom way to early - she was 44 and he just 21. Tragically and suddenly. But They ARE watching, they just can't tell you how proud they are and how much they love you! I believe very firmly that they are still guiding you every day and helping you get your "miracles".

I know we can never replace our parents - but your "family" from here is always here for you too and we can damn sure be proud of you!

Liz
bubble273
on 11/20/08 6:09 am - Levittown, PA
Okay...now I'm crying again!!!! 

But thank you, Liz!!!  I know FOR SURE that my mom has helped me in many ways since she's been gone.  And the tough times I've gotten through only shows the strength of my mother that she passed down to me.  I have a fight in me and it is strong and it's only because of her.  Boy, do I miss her :(

Karen

GD_007
on 11/20/08 3:34 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Flying up to Canada tomorrow and gone for a week.

I'm hoping that I do not need a seat belt extender on the plane tomorrow.
-GD
Pam Hart
on 11/20/08 5:42 am - Easton, PA
Let's see....I have three thanksgivings to go to.
This coming Sunday we are going to a cousins house of mine in this area for a "pre thanksgiving party" with relatives who won't be able to make it down to jersey on Thursday. 

On Wednesday evening we are headed back down to jersey.

Wednesday night I will stop in on the overnight shift to see my friends who are working there.

We will be spending the night at my parents house so I'll see them and maybe even my brothers (although them being home and out of their rooms is a rarity!)

Thursday we are going to my grandmothers house for the big thanksgiving party.  We were supposed to leave early and go to Brian's parents house....but they made mention of possibly not doing thanksgiving that day....and we might be celebrating with them that coming Sunday.  Which leaves us more time to see my family which is cool w/ me!

So either way...it's cousins on sunday, grandmom's on thursday, plus his parents house either thursday evening or the following sunday.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 11/20/08 6:04 am - Lancaster, PA
I will be working on T giving day and then a double the day after. I think we will go to the diner or something
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views