2 Weeks Post-OP

DianeMarie
on 11/20/08 5:37 am - Delmont, PA

Smileycons!Hi,

My bandages and steri-strips have all come off.  I can honestly say I feel pretty good every day.
I've lost 20lbs (40lbs total) since my surgery.  That part amazes me.  I figured because I was a light weight that my loss would be slower.  To get to my goal of 150lbs I have 66lbs to go.

Clear liquid was tough.  Full liquid was easy.  I often worried my pouch wasnt small enough because I can drink alot in one sitting.  Well I found out yesterday it isnt too big after all.  I started puree'd.  I had my full liquid most of the day but for dinner I tried my sketti sauce over ricotta cheese.   As soon as I didnt feel hungy anymore I gave it to the dogs to finish.  Last night at work my stomache started to ache and I was burping and then my dinner went through me.  I was miserable and ended up leaving early.  Today I tried a little and food got stuck.  I think my stomache is not ready for puree yet and I need to stay on full liquid a while longer.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Diane

PS.. In my "After" photo album I have 3 pics of me.  One from april and the last one was yesterday.  I was amazed when I saw the change.   Check it out if you have time.

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
victoria3
on 11/20/08 6:08 am - Douglassville, PA

Lookin good, Diane!     Remember, slow and steady wins the race!  Take your time with the puree stage and ease into things. 

DianeMarie
on 11/20/08 6:26 am - Delmont, PA
Thanks Victoria!  I gotta say that I LOVE the puppy in your avitar. (big animal lover here)

Diane

MsDeniseinPA
on 11/20/08 10:40 am - PA
wow you look fantastic in your new pictures.  great job!
HopefulFuture
on 11/20/08 12:45 pm - Boston, MA
So glad to hear you are feeling pretty good Diana and congrats on the amazing start to your weight loss!  Keep up the great work and I'm sure you will progress through the different food stages just fine :)

Lisa :)

Pam Hart
on 11/20/08 6:26 pm - Easton, PA
Diane,

I had trouble going through the stages and needed a little extra time with each one.

I can tell you that you may not be able to rely on "not feeling hungry" right now - I know w/ RNY those nerves are cut and you can't really feel the difference...not sure about the lap band...but either way....it probably messes with your "feelings" if you will.  I would suggest doing exactly what you are doing - going back to full liquids for a little while.  Also...try pureed once a day or once every two days....and take 1/2 of what the serving should be...and eat that realy real slow and see how you do.

Feel better - you'll get through this.  I am definately gonna look at your pics...but gotta get off of here and get my arse into the shower for work.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 11/20/08 9:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Diane,
Congrats on those 40 pounds - doing a great job.
I had a little trouble moving up a stage in food, so I went back for a day or two and then tried
again. Try eating with a  baby spoon and wait a couple of minutes between each bite.
Tammy
DianeMarie
on 11/21/08 6:23 am - Delmont, PA
Thanks for the support!  I did liquid all day thursday and I gave food another shot tonight.  I am having puree'd chicken and cottage cheese mix.  So far so good.

Diane

dit657
on 11/21/08 9:42 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations Diane! Your pictures are amazing - what a big difference already! Everybody's right - take it slow and easy - your body will tell you more than the nuts sometimes. Listen to it. Pureed foods were my worst stage - I really went from full liquids to soft foods and took my time doing it. And I still eat too fast sometimes and pay for it - its a constant learning process.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views