A Little Rant

MsDeniseinPA
on 11/18/08 10:34 pm - PA
So I got my date last Monday and the insurance coordinator at my Drs office said she would be submitting my pre-auth request to the Insurance Co. then.  I had to call my insurance company  yesterday to follow-up on some things for my son and decided to check to see if I was approved and the insurance company said they had still not gotten any request from the surgeon's office!  does this seem right?

I have a call into the coordinator today waiting .... I'm a little annoyed about this.
MikeB
on 11/19/08 2:47 am - Pottstown, PA
They might have received it and haven't reviewed it yet.  Or they will only discuss one item at a time.  Or there is the possiblilty that your docotr's office hasn't gotten to it yet.
Nicole0216
on 11/19/08 3:35 pm - Lancaster, PA
the approval process can be pretty frustrating. Hang in there
Pam Hart
on 11/19/08 6:20 pm - Easton, PA
My surgeon won't schedule the surgery until they have the pre auth approval....but everyone works different.  I would definately call the surgeon's office and find out where they stand....and it's just possible that the insurance company didn't have an answer for you, like mike said, perhaps they were still in the process of the review or whatever.

Hang in there...the insurance game is a PIA to play around with.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
MsDeniseinPA
on 11/19/08 10:47 pm - PA

thanks for the replies!

I did speak to the insurance person at the surgeon's office yesterday and she didn't understand why the insurance company was saying they didn't receive the request, so she called them and called be back today that I've been approved.

Whoo Hoo!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views