Question for the masses

bubble273
on 11/19/08 2:51 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Mike,

Never had any.  I couldn't see putting something on my body like that.  But now after dropping all the weight I have, I could totally see me getting a butterfly symbolizing the freeness that I feel after WLS!!!  My husband has always wanted me to get one and I was like no way.  Then when I told him that I was thinking of it, he's like don't get it because of me....the jackass that he is always thinks it's about him.  Well, it's about me this time.  So I would still have to think about getting it done, but it would definitely be some type of butterfly or butterflies.

Karen

jovigirl
on 11/19/08 2:58 am - washington, NJ
I have Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.He's 15 years old lol.I want to get him touched up it was suposed to be my reward when I lost 100 lbs but no cash for it yet my for xmas.When I reach goal (hopefully next summer)I plan on having a back piece done of my 3 kids with my mom looking down from Heaven on them & somewhere in it my old dog because whenever we took pics of the kids she'd without fail get in most of them.I keep searching for someone who does outstanding portraits so if anyone knows of anyone let me know

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

MikeB
on 11/19/08 3:29 am - Pottstown, PA
I know this may sound a little out there but that sounds like it would be amazing when it's done.  If I were you I would consider applying to be on LA Ink and have Kat Von Dee do it. When she gets done with a portrait it looks like you can reach in and touch the person.  Might be something to think about.
Mike
Melanie B.
on 11/21/08 2:41 am - Doylestown, PA
On November 19, 2008 at 11:29 AM Pacific Time, MikeB wrote:
I know this may sound a little out there but that sounds like it would be amazing when it's done.  If I were you I would consider applying to be on LA Ink and have Kat Von Dee do it. When she gets done with a portrait it looks like you can reach in and touch the person.  Might be something to think about.
Mike
My BFF's husband just had Kat do a portrait tattoo of their daughter who died last December of cancer. (she was only 15 months old) It was aired earlier this month.

They applied to LA Ink and were selected. Of course they had to pay for all of their travel and had to pay for the tattoo (although it was a lot cheaper than you would normally pay to have Kat do it)

Pam Hart
on 11/19/08 8:37 am - Easton, PA
Well like I told you in the PM...

I've got three

Two before WLS and one after.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Jackie W.
on 11/19/08 9:30 am
I've got 1 pre op (about 15 yrs ago)!!  I want to get a few more....1 for meeting goal, one with my sons name and I want to steal the idea of one of the above posters!!

I've read about a lot of people having tats! 

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/08 10:46 am - Poconos, PA
1 before surgery on my ankle which is 2 hearts on a vine (yes, it looks as bad as it sounds but I was very young and didnt know any better) and 2 after surgery - a celtic tree of life that starts on my lower neck and goes down between my shoulder blades and calla lillies with butterflies on my lower back.
Nicole0216
on 11/19/08 2:15 pm - Lancaster, PA
I dont have one but I have contemplated it. It will have to be something I know I will love forever.
Msdragonz
on 11/19/08 2:23 pm - NEPA, PA
*waves* I dooooooooooo!!!   I have a vine with hibiscus flowers (purple) wraping around in a spiral on my ankle.
Also have the Tibetian "OM" on the back of my neck:)

I would love to get more, but hubby's not too fond of em...

G'night!
L&L,
Robin
Patti M.
on 11/19/08 9:26 pm, edited 11/20/08 2:11 am
My best friend and I went together and each got one (hers is on her back, mine is on my ankle) for our 2 year surgiversary!  I'm ready for another one!  I want a tribute (portrait and some wording) for my mom who passed away 10 years ago.  The artist we went to is absolutely amazing and I've seen some of his portrait work too and he's just awesome!
Patti      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views