Might not make it tonight...

GD_007
on 11/19/08 12:00 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey team,

Well - Juliette has been ill the last few nights.  I thought she was getting better but our babysitter just called and Juliette threw up again.  My wife is leaving work (now) to go home and I've made an afternoon doctor appointment for Juliette.  Don't know what good it'll do aside from making me feel like we're good parents by bringing her to the doctor.  We've been giving her fluids, fluids, fluids to combat any dehydration....  Again, don't know whatelse we can do. 

*If* I make it home, via train, in time and *if* the wife is OK with me leaving her with Juliette this evening I'll be at the meeting.  Chances are I'll be *late*, at best.

-GD
SPatel4
on 11/19/08 1:18 am - Levittown, PA
GD,
Hope your daughter is feeling well soon. Take Care and if you can make it I will stop by to say hello if not we understand. This coming from a parent of two children under the age of 7. Take Care:)

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

CherylT
on 11/19/08 1:32 am - Perkasie, PA
Hope she is feeling better soon. I can't make it either--I have to work....and we are open 'til midnight and someone just quit in my dept. eww.

Nicole0216
on 11/19/08 11:15 am - Lancaster, PA
hope she feels better soon
Pam Hart
on 11/19/08 6:24 pm - Easton, PA
GD,

I hope your princess feels better soon.

The fluids is really all you can do.  oh - and the nurse in me needs to add....you don't have to worry about getting in a whole lot of fluids all at once....that can make them throw up if they aren't feeling well to begin with.  Try about 3 teaspoons every 15 mins or so and see how she does.  And just like us out of surgery...ice pops and things of that nature count as fluids...so if she doesn't want to drink but you can get ice pops in her throughout the day that will help too.

I couldn't make it to the meeting last night either....and I understand your disappointment - but you are doing the right thing!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views