Hiding or Ignoring the problem.

joldaker
on 11/18/08 1:56 am - West Bradford, PA
Now I am almost a year out and I am still not feeling hunger. THANK YOU GOD!!!

My problem is this.......

I am so NOT hungry that for the last three days I have had to force myself to eat anything at all. I am drinking everything I can get my hands on but the food is so hard. When I do sit down to eat I get a few bites in and have to stop. I am not sure if it is stress or what, but I am getting worried. I dont want to lose my  hair or nails and I dont want to end up in the ER with NO health insurance.

Is there something I can use to boost my appitite?? Aspertame?? I am freaking out here.

Today I got a small salad and put some chicken on it and was only able to eat 3 bites. I physically can not swallow but there is nothing wrong with my throat.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
dit657
on 11/18/08 2:14 am - Boothwyn, PA
Jen, call Dr P and explain what's going on - if you're not eating you're definitely not getting your nutrition or proteins in - can you drink protein shakes? At least try to sip on those to get some of your proteins in because that's so important. And staying hydrated. I'm not a doctor or anything like that, so that's why I think you should call Dr P ASAP and let her know and get advice or a visit with her so you can be checked out.

I have days where I can eat more than others, and some days don't feel like eating but am able to get it down. If you can't physically get it down then something might be going on with your pouch.

Keep us posted and let us know how you're doing...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
KimZ
on 11/18/08 4:04 am - PA
Hey Jen -

I agree totally with Kathy.  Maybe you should give Dr. P a call.  Are you still taking your vitamins and supplements?  NO matter what the hunger level - you really should never stop those.  Perhaps until you get in with her (Dr. P) you could try the liquid route to keep your nutrition and protein level up.

I have been drinking these drinks called "Oh Yeah" - like a low sugar muscle milk.  It has 3 grams of sugar and 220 calories in 14 oz and man both the vanilla and chocolate are so good.  I also am a huge fan of the isopure in bottles.  There are a number of flavors (including Green and Black Teas).  With these in 20 oz you still get in 40 gms of protein and only 170 calories.  Of course there are other choices too but these came to mind immediately.

Let us know what Dr. P says - and hopeing all straightens out.  You are looking awesome !!

Kim Z

Pam Hart
on 11/18/08 7:02 am - Easton, PA
This is gonna sound strange.

Do you have your period?

I have noticed that the first 2 days of my period...although I am not nascious or in to much agonizing pain...I can't eat.  I have "succumbed" to grazing on those days (like yesterday...it took me over an hour to eat 2 home made chicken fingers...but I ate them just to get the protein in.  Not the best way to eat...and something I don't do often....)

Also...how about yogurts and stuff like that?  That might go down easier.

In the meantime...I know you don't have health insurance...but perhaps Dr. P would talk to you over the phone and/or the nuts.

I hope you get better soon!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GinaB308
on 11/21/08 3:43 am - PA
Hey Jen,
I know this post is a little late but i am not on here as much lately.  You and I are at about the same stage of journey, with that being said i am concerned for you.  My hunger is insatable at imes even more so when I exercise so you seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum.  I agree with Pam  are you due for your period, is there "more" stress in your life right now that may have you a bit down?  I'll pm you with my cell in cas you need an ear to bend :)  HAving no appetite at all this far out just doesn't seemright, I hoe you have given Dr. P or at least your primary a call.  Eating now a days isn't about wanting food it's about needing nutrition, but you  already know that. 

Gina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views