Back after along time gone.

MikeB
on 11/18/08 1:03 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello, I've been away for awile. and I think I need to come back to this site so I can keep in the right frame of mind.  I'm not sure that makes sense though. 
I had surgery over 4 years ago I went from 534 to 224.  the problem is I looked anorexic at that weight. Right now I weigh 281 I have about a 10lb swing. I go from 275-285. I've been this way for about a year now.  I'm currently taking a nutrtiotionclass and we had to do a diet analysis project and I found it to e a little eye opening. I'm not eating as well as I thought I was and I really thought that I neede to get back to some type of group. Since this is the only way I can get to a group setting I thought I would come here. 

In the past I've been kind of nasty to people almost coming off like a elitist and condesending. If any of you are reading this I'm sorry I had no right to do that. 

It's kind of ironic We just covered weightloss in my class. and the teach posed the subject of weightloss surgery.. I was surprised at how many people thought that it was an easy way out.. Of course I shouldn't be surprised. Society has no tolorence for overweight people. and it reared it's ugly head with this topic in my class..

Anyway If it's okay I would like to comeback. And again If Iv'e offended anyone in the the past. I'm sorry.

Thanks
Mike
bubble273
on 11/18/08 1:23 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Mike,

I don't remember you, though I've only been a member since July of '07.  But whatever you did in the past I'm sure is forgiven now.  We're not a bunch that holds a grudge.  We're here to support one another.  And if it's support you need, we're here for you.

Welcome back and take care.

Karen

MikeB
on 11/18/08 1:25 am - Pottstown, PA
Thanks Karen
Boogaloo
on 11/18/08 1:30 am - PA
It's easy to forget to do the things that help us to be successful in the first place.  I know this because I used to come to this site everyday after my surgery and it was soooo helpful - the next thing you know, I was too busy and I Know that support is a necessary component of success on this journey.

I don't remember you either, but I only found this site in June/06.  We are need to support one another so stick around!
Lou
tammypa
on 11/18/08 1:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Mike,
I do not remember you - but welcome back.
This site is so wonderful. If you need any kind of help - this is the place to be.
Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 1:59 am
Hey Mike!  I do remember you and you were very helpful to me.  You had given me some information on karate classes.  I finally started taking classes (Kenpo) about 2 months ago in Phoenixville and I love it.  I have earned my yellow belt and am working on orange.  The instructors are wonderful, as are the other people in the class.  I have never been in a class setting where everyone was so helpful and friendly.  They group by children and by adults, not by belt level and I really like that.  I am low man on the totem pole, but one of these days I will work my way up :) 

Welcome back.  There is a support group at Phoenixville hospital (in the cafeteria) on Wednesday, December 3rd at 7:00.  If you are looking for more support, it is a  nice group of people.  I havent been there in a few months because of a pottery class I am taking, but I will be able to go to this one.  Hope to see you there.

Heather G
MikeB
on 11/18/08 2:54 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello Heather,

Where in Pheonixville are you taking karate? 
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 3:11 am
Sent you a PM.
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 5:58 am - Eastern, PA
How am I supposed to stalk you if you don't post that information publically?

F-ing inconsiderate!
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 7:33 am
For you, Norm, I will send door to door directions.  BTW...you forgot the "b*tch" after "F-ing inconsiderate."  Geeze! Get it right next time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views