Update on Me....So far so good

KimZ
on 11/18/08 12:32 am - PA
I havent reallly posted this until I knew more, and for those that I did confide in - here is the skinny (lol I love that word).    From the beginning I have had this lump in the front of my belly and the docs (my primary and Dr. Boe) thought it was a hernia.  They told me as long as it didnt hurt - dont bother and when I get near the end of my weight loss we would scan it and document so that when they do my abdominalplasty they could repair my hernia.

Well two weeks ago I went in for the Cat Scan and guess what - no hernia, but they found some other stuff.  Apparently there is a mass in my left adrenal gland and another one on the lower right side near my psoas muscle AND a couple of spots on my liver.  The spots on my liver are ok - doc said that with this much weight loss in this short of a period of time - buring this much fat - its bound to happen so no worries. 

I had a follow up MRI done last Thursday and just for giggles and glands stopped in ahead of time to get the annual boob smash (mammorgram).  Funny how that test is so much different when you loose 24 inches from your boobs.  I mean cmon they are just hanging bags of skin with nipples  - what could possibly be left (how about that visual??)

Anyway the initial report on the MRI is that they just want to watch the two masses (adrenal gland and the nodular structure near the psoas muscle) and retest in 6 months, but the mamm came back with something - so today I went back up for an ultrasound on the right side.  They said is just a cluster of cysts and come back in 6 months for another u/s.

So all in all everything is good - no immediate emergency - just a watch, wait and see - but where are my hernias and Im bummed that I will be paying full price for the abdominalplasty.  Onward and Upward - 23 pounds to go!!

Kim Z

bubble273
on 11/18/08 1:21 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Kim,

Glad to hear everything is okay.  I remember you telling me Saturday about everything.  You just hang in there and in six months when they check everything again I'm sure everything will be fine. 

"Hanging bags of skin with nipples"  LOVE it.  And it is a complete visual, because that is describing exactly me , as sorry as that is to say.  It's pretty sad that at 35 I'm stuffing my bra with socks, because if I don't my bra had huge dents!!  I have got to get a bra fitting and get some new bras...just haven't had time.  But it's getting worse, so I better go so I can stop stuffing myself!!!

Again, I'm glad things are good now.  I will keep you in my thoughts and say a few prayers that all will go well in the coming months.  Talk to you soon....

Karen

tammypa
on 11/18/08 1:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kim,
Wow - you sure have had alot going on.
I am so glad to hear that all is okay.
Yes, the mammograms are so much more fun now than before - lol.
I have to tell you that I never even heard of a psoas muscle before your post.
I am sorry that you don't have your hernia.
I keep lifting boxes at work and so far have not gotten one either -darn it.
Will keep good thoughts that your next checkup in 6 months will be fine.
Tammy
Pam Hart
on 11/18/08 11:37 am - Easton, PA
Your visual is exactly what I have every morning...so thanks for the chuckle.

Glad to hear there is nothing immediately concerning and you can watch and wait for it.  Hopefully it stays that way.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Arlene E.
on 11/18/08 12:15 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Kim

You've had a lot to deal with but I am glad that so far all is well and I certainly hope it remains that way.  I have a very tiny lump and Dr. told me that even if it is a hernia, only hernia portion would be covered and that is considered out patient surgery from my insurance company.  

Stay well!

Arlene 

KimZ
on 11/18/08 9:10 pm - PA
Thanks Arlene - that is what I needed to hear.  Now I really dont feel so bad for wishing on that hernia. Afterall who want weak ab muscles anyway. (lol).   The final report came in from the MRI this morning and the thing near my psoas muscle was not there anymore  and was the artery to my right ovary.  They do point out more in my liver though - citing what appears to be a begnin cyst and recommend following up with that and the adrenal mass in 6 months.  The MRI report also notes the cluster cysts on the right breast.   So Im good.   Now if I can just get the dang scale to move again I will be happy.  

Kim Z

HopefulFuture
on 11/19/08 3:46 am - Boston, MA
Hi Kim, 

I'm really glad that everything is ok and I hope everything continues that way.  Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. 

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views