Valerian Root???

tracyb330
on 11/17/08 8:34 pm - Temple, PA
Does anyone take this? My Chiro wants me to take it but I want to know if it's safe. I emailed my surgeon and am waiting to hear from them.

Thanks.
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Liz R.
on 11/17/08 8:38 pm - Easton, PA
No, I don't know - but if you find out let me know - hear that it is supposed to work wonders helping you sleep.

Liz
FlourPower
on 11/17/08 9:27 pm - PA
Celestial Seasons makes a tea called Sleepy Time Tea.  It contains valerian root and some other things that are supose to help you sleep. 

[

tracyb330
on 11/17/08 9:44 pm - Temple, PA
We are allowed to take it. Thank goodness.

Thanks!
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
LisaAC
on 11/18/08 12:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
I took valerian just recently to help with nightmares that came from coming off a med.  It helped.  I slept much more deeply and calmly.  I would recommend the capsule form, as the smell is horrible.  I once brought valerian teabags into my kitchen and it smelled like something died in there.  Even the capsules are not easy to smell.
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Pam Hart
on 11/18/08 11:45 am - Easton, PA

****hijack****

Lisa,

Great new avatar - didn't recognize you!!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
LisaAC
on 11/18/08 1:04 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks so much, Pam!
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
CherylT
on 11/19/08 1:52 am - Perkasie, PA
I would go with the sleepytime tea. I tried valerian root tea once straight up---icky poo.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views