Tuesday Menu and Exercise

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 10:06 pm
I didn't see either, so here it is

Exercise....hour of Karate and an hour of cardio at the gym.

Food....

B:  yogurt with banana, 1/2 packet of weight control oatmeal
S:  Cheese and crackers
L:  Perogies and low fat sour cream
S:  Apple
D:  Steak and veggies

How about you?

HG
SPatel4
on 11/17/08 10:16 pm - Levittown, PA
I did 3 miles on my Elliptical by 7am. Planning on walking 2.5 miles on my lunch in this cold weather.

B: Yogurt with Kashi Cereal
S: Lowfat Cheese Stick
L: 1/2 Turkey sandwich in pita pocket.
S: Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
D: Soup and Salad.

Have a Great Day!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

KimZ
on 11/18/08 12:11 am - PA
Exercise -

Cardio (eliptical, arc, treadmill)  core  - arms, back, abs

Food -

B -  Isopure 40gms
S - Greek Yogurt with fresh blueberries - 18 gms of protein
L - Philly Roll (without the rice) 26 gms of protein
S - Cheese Sticks w/ Banana - 19 gms of protein
D - Cooked Shrimp with Broccolli - 21 gms of protein

Total - 124 gms of Protein  and  825 calories  (without the decaf  / nonfat latte).  Is anyone else counting calories yet?  I am trying really hard to keep it between 800 - 900 - but lately find it pretty easy to hit like 1150 - 1250 and yesterday was at 1400.  Is this too much?

What is everyone (who is tracking) keeping their calories to?

Also 3 still stalled after 3 weeks (uuuggghhhh!!!)

Kim Z

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 3:52 am
How far out are you?  About 11 months?  I think I was around 1000 calories at that point.  I was told we need to stay between 1000 and 1200 calories per day.  Anything more is too much for us (although low for a non-wls person).  What is your prescribed daily protein goal?  124grams of protein may be over doing it.....if you are getting too many protein grams they are just added calories.  There will be times when our calories/protein grams, etc will be high, and in my opinion, that is OK, as long as it is not on a regular basis.  On the other hand, if you aren't taking in enough calories, you body is going to panic and stop dropping pounds...it is going to want to hold on to what it has left (stingy little b*stards, aren't they!!

Stalls are normal, as we all know...but also frustrating!!  You will work past the on  you are in now and things will start moving again.  I have been on a very long stall, but I just started to notice that my lower body is looking smaller.  I am thrilled, but I would really love to see the numbers go down too.....that's all I want for Christmas this year LOL

HG
KimZ
on 11/18/08 3:58 am - PA
Thanks Heather - I thought the calories may be too high.  Yes - 11 months.  At the last visit - was told to get in extra protein and calories because of how much exercise I am getting.  I am still getting in 6 miles a day plus core training 6 days a week.   The protein is good and from all of the research and connecting with the nuts - there are no extra 'calories' - just a little extra taxing on the kidneys.  I am going to try harder then to keep my calories under 900 per day and see where that takes me.

I have been changing up the exercise a bit and the food choices - so maybe if i keep changing things the stall will end.  Thanks so much for your feedback - it really helps.

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 4:21 am
That is alot of exercise...so yes, it would make sense that more calories are OK...you are burning off what you are putting in, if not more.  Play with things and see what sparks the weight loss again...alot of times it's just trial and error...what works for one person, may not work for another. good luck with it!!

HG
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 6:02 am - Eastern, PA
Did 30 minutes on the elliptical and thrity on the treadmill at a high speed and the highest incline.

It wasn't a run, but it kept me panting to the point that I was sweaty and smelly like a filthy ox anus after I was done.

I will have to shift around some of my gym time for the rest of the week due to a busy freaking week at work.
HopefulFuture
on 11/18/08 6:15 am - Boston, MA
Hi Heather and PA!

Today I took one 10-minute walk outside, one 15-minute walk outside and did 35 minutes on the elliptical. 

Hope everyone is having a good day, 
Lisa :)

Pam Hart
on 11/18/08 6:55 am - Easton, PA
Here's the menu:

B:  2 cheesesticks 16gm
S:  Greek Yogurt 18gm
L:  1/2 PB sandwhich on whole grain bread and 2 cheese sticks 28gm (5 from bread, 7 from PB, 16 from cheesesticks)
S:  Nada
D:  Thin crust pizza - 10ish?
S:  Weight Control Oatmeal....15gm??  I haven't added up the right numbers yet...

87gm today
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views