Back From China

Arlene E.
on 11/17/08 8:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Hi All

My trip to China was fantastic.  I climbed the Great Wall, without huffing and puffing,  and saw so many other amazing sights.  Eating was quite the challenge.  I don't think I want to look at Chinese food ever again.   The good news is that I got on the scale a few minutes ago and am down four pounds from when I left.  I hope I can keep that off.  My PS is in 2 weeks and now that it is soon here I am much more nervous than I am excited.  I know the pain will be worth it but it still has me worried.

I missed you all.  It is good to be back home in my own bed with my kitties.  I'm sure it will take me a while to adjust since there is a 13 hour time difference.

Arlene 

cleos_mom
on 11/17/08 9:04 pm - phila., PA
Welcome back,
glad you had a great time
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 9:09 pm
I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering when you were coming back.  I am glad to hear you had such a great time. Can't wait to see pictures!! We actually have two people from my job living in China now...one because her husband got transfered over there for a few years with his company and the other is my co-workers son who is a student at Temple and is studying pandas. 

HG
dit657
on 11/17/08 9:09 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime, Arlene - glad you had such a wonderful time. And congrats on losing 4 more lbs!! I'm sure we'll be hearing from you before your PS, but you're already in my thoughts and prayers for that.

Take care - glad you made it home safe and sound!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 11/17/08 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Welcome home!
I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip and are home safe and sound.
Give me a call when you catch up on your sleep.
Tammy 
Sweetkatie
on 11/17/08 9:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Wow, what an exciting trip!  This girl's jealous :) Sounds like you had an amazing time!! 

Don't worry about your PS... the pain is SO worth it!  My PS was about a year and a half ago and the pain is a distant distant memory... I don't even remember what it felt like. 

5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
bubble273
on 11/17/08 10:03 pm - Levittown, PA
WELCOME HOME, Arlene!!!  Wow....China...I couldn't even imagine!!!  I would love to go overseas sometime in my lifetime.  So glad you had a great time and that you lost 4 pounds!!  How exciting :)

Again, WELCOME HOME...hope to see you tomorrow at the meeting!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 11:04 pm
Welcome Home~ Sounds like you had a blast.
KimZ
on 11/18/08 12:16 am - PA
So glad to hear about the trip.  When you come to the next meeting - please bring some pictures - would love to see them.  The great wall is on our things to do and see.   I know you must be getting excited about the PS.

Welcome home and see you at the next meeting.

Kim Z

Arlene E.
on 11/18/08 12:17 am - Philadelphia, PA

FYI

I posted some photos.  I took 600 pictures.  Don't worry, I only put up a few.  For those who asked if I was going to see Pandas, yes I did and they were too cute.  Ok - back to bed.

ae 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views