OT: Restaurant.com...check it out for holiday gifts!!

bubble273
on 11/17/08 8:22 am, edited 11/17/08 8:23 am - Levittown, PA
OMG!!!  You will not believe this.  My best friend told me earlier to check restaurant.com out.  You can buy gift cards for restaurants for cheaper than the amount you want.  And today they were giving an additional 70% off.  I think the offer is still good until midnight tonight.

So here's what you do.  Go on the website and type in your zip code for restaurants near you.  On the right hand side of the restaurants it will show you what gift cards are available and at what price.  When you add one to your cart, you then type in the word dessert in the yellow box to apply the additional 70% off discount.

This is the unbelievable part, the discount.  I'll give you a great example and your mouths are going to drop.  There's a restaurant that Garry plays cards at every Monday...he's there now...LOL.  Anyway, it's called Anthony's on the Delaware in Bristol Borough.  Well, they have a $50 gift card that you can purchase for $20 and with the additional 70% percent off, it comes to....are you sitting down....$6.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm like NO WAY!!!  And my best friend said it's totally legit.  They've bought them before and used them with no problem.  Now, there are a few stips, like maybe it has to be a dinner for two and not by yourself or something like that.  But nothing out of the ordinary.  It will tell you the stipulations right under where the amounts are for the cards.

Good luck and buy, buy, buy!!!!  You cannot beat this deal any way you slice it!!!  Great idea for holiday gifts that will save you a bundle!!!

Karen

kimmiep621
on 11/17/08 8:54 am
yeah that site is great,  one day i bought one for $2.00 for $35 GC, i use them for hostess gifts sometimes.  they don't know how cheap it was lol

good stuff

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Pam Hart
on 11/17/08 6:21 pm - Easton, PA

Thanks so much Karen!!!  I will definately bookmark that page!!!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 11/17/08 11:21 pm - Reading, PA
cbs 3 did a story on the site... and they have a code where you can get them even cheaper... so search cbs 3 for the code... I don't remember it...

bubble273
on 11/18/08 1:33 am - Levittown, PA
Yeah, my best friend told me the same thing, but said that that code gave you 60% and the "dessert" word gave you 70% percent.  But last night was the last night for the "dessert" code.  So I'll have to look for the CBS one anyway or ask my best friend.

Thanks for the head's up, though.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views